HR Associate/Executive Assistant
Earthjustice is the premier nonprofit environmental law organization. We take on the biggest, most precedent-setting cases across the country. We wield the power of law and the strength of partnership to protect people’s health; to preserve magnificent places and wildlife; to advance clean energy; and to combat climate change. We partner with thousands of groups, supporters, individuals and communities to engage the critical environmental issues of our time and bring about positive change. We are guided by a passionate, ambitious vision for the future for people and our planet: until justice stands for all, we will never rest. We are here because the earth needs a good lawyer.
Founded in 1971, Earthjustice has a distinguished track record of achieving significant, lasting environmental protections. We achieve this by hiring people who share a passion for justice and a healthy environment. Our headquarters are in San Francisco with offices in Anchorage, Juneau, Los Angeles, Tallahassee, Miami, Honolulu, New York, Philadelphia, Denver, Seattle, Bozeman, Chicago and Washington, DC.
The HR Associate/Executive Assistant position supports our growing organization. This position is responsible for assisting the internal HR team in the core areas of onboarding, scheduling, reporting/metrics, and systems/technology maintenance. They must be responsive and supportive of staff at all levels to help them be more productive and successful in their jobs and be a positive and solutions-oriented role model.
This position will be based in our San Francisco, CA headquarters office. It is not a remote work position. Due to Covid-19, Earthjustice staff are currently working remotely from approved locations until offices reopen.
Personnel Files (15%)
- Partner with HR Systems Administrator and IT team to further streamline and automate personnel files into ADP.
- Create electronic personnel files for new staff in the ADP Document Cloud module ensuring that each file contains all required new hire paperwork.
- Manage the electronic “To be Filed” folders, transitioning documents into staffs’ electronic personnel files.
- Collect, track, download, scan and upload personnel file documents, such as Personnel Change Notices, employment documentation, signed policy acknowledgments, employment verifications etc. into staffs’ electronic personnel files.
- Enter new staff into ADP ensuring accurate assignment of onboarding experiences and checklists appropriate for the position
- Ensure receipt of I9 and supporting documentation for new staff
- Maintain and update onboarding documents, experiences, and checklists.
- and provide staff with all required offboarding documents (unemployment information, life insurance conversion etc.)
Interns and Law Clerks (15%)
- Partner with recruitment team on preparing for the summer law clerks monitoring employment details including start and end dates and compensation.
- Monitor and adjust EJ stipends, based on any outside funding secured.
- Enter and terminate Interns and Clerks in ADP in a timely manner.
- Ensure receipt of all new hire documents including I9s and supporting documentation.
Executive Assistant (25%)
- Calendar and meeting support for VP of HR & Sr. Director of Talent Management
- Provide calendaring support for large meetings/trainings to HR Leadership team
- Schedule meetings, HR events and trainings
- Coordinate team events and logistics including – securing space, catering, agendas and other details
- Provide administrative support to the HR team as needed.
HR General/Other (20%)
- Create promotion letters and send via DocuSign.
- Maintain and update assigned HR Atlas pages.
- Complete and disseminate the monthly activity report
- Create and edit HR correspondence, documents, and Power Point presentations.
- Respond to request for employment verifications.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Other duties to include but not limited to: updating workplace posters, filing, copying, faxing, data entry, ordering supplies and mailing.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 3+ years of experience in Administrative or Human Resources support capacity.
- Executive assistant experience a plus.
- Experience in non-profit Human Resource department is a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent years’ experience preferred.
- Experience in Administrative or Human Resources support capacity.
- Advanced skills in MS Office Suite: Outlook Calendaring, Power Point, Excel, and Word, as well as database programs.
- Experience working with HR systems such as applicant tracking, electronic onboarding and HRIS.
- Experience using ADP is highly desired.
- Ability to work effectively with confidential information.
- Strong detail orientation, self-motivation, and organizational skills a must.
- Reporting and analytical skills and experience, a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Possess flexibility to work as a team, and also independently with little supervision.
- Ability to handle a diverse workload and multi-task as needed.
- Sense of humor desired.
- Demonstrates an awareness and sensitivity to the needs and concerns of individuals from diverse cultures, backgrounds, and orientations.
- Contributes to the creation of a diverse, equitable and inclusive work culture that encourages and celebrates differences.
Salary range is based on experience and location.
Salary range in San Francisco, CA : $79,400 - $88,200
Interested candidates should submit the following via Jobvite:
• Cover letter
Please reach out to [email protected] if you are having technical difficulties submitting your application. No phone calls, drop-ins, or hard copies. Earthjustice only accepts resumes submitted for positions that are currently open. Unsolicited resumes, or resumes for posted positions that are not submitted via the on-line application process (where available), will not be reviewed or retained.
Earthjustice is driven by a passion for justice, partnership, and excellence. Our core values lead us to seek a broad range of perspectives and backgrounds to achieve our mission and to maintain an inclusive environment where all staff are valued and respected. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to employment practices that ensure that employees and applicants for employment are provided with equal opportunities without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other factor that is not related to the position.
For positions located within the City and County of San Francisco Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment-qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
For positions located within the City of Los Angeles: We will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.