Freelance Technology Writers [Web Hosting]
About your role:
Lifewire, one of the largest tech sites on the web, is looking for a few experienced freelance technology writers who share our passion for creating content that leaves readers feeling educated, empowered, and understood. Specifically, we’re looking for writers that consider themselves experts, and expert communicators, in the areas of VPN and web hosting. Our goal is to demystify these services for normal people: to help them understand the important concepts in these areas, which services are best, and how to get them setup and running.
Our freelancer contracts can last for up to one year and may be renewed. We offer very competitive rates for our project work.
Technology is super important to our readers because of how it makes their lives better, not because they obsess over the technology itself. Our writers take pride in understanding this audience and knowing how to speak to them.
About your contributions:
- Capable of performing advanced benchmarking, performance, stability, and related testing in these areas
- Demonstrable experience translating testing results into readable, information-rich visual comparisons
- Expert-level knowledge of networking technology, specifically as it relates to internet architecture
- Very high comfort level and demonstrable experience writing straightforward, practical, and instructional-style advice on technology to a lay audience
- Strong research skills
- Willingness to work closely with an Assignment Editor and Copy Editor
- Experience with a WordPress-style CMS
- 3+ years demonstrable experience writing about VPN or web hosting with a focus on basic education and reviews
- Experience working as a remote freelancer
- Experience working with an Assignment Editor and Copy Editor
- Demonstrable experience documenting processes
- Demonstrable experience creating curriculum or other educational content
- Terrific skills in screenshot-taking and finding great images for your content
- Experience creating animated GIFs or custom imagery
For more than 20 years, Dotdash brands have been helping people find answers, solve problems, and get inspired. We are one of the top-20 largest content publishers on the Internet according to comScore, a leading Internet measurement company, and reach more than 30% of the U.S. population every month. Our brands collectively have won more than 20 industry awards in the last year alone and, most recently, Dotdash was named Publisher of the Year by Digiday, a leading industry publication. Our brands include Verywell, The Spruce, The Balance, Investopedia, Lifewire, TripSavvy, Byrdie, MyDomaine, Brides and ThoughtCo.
Please be aware of fraudulent recruiters offering opportunities at Dotdash. Note that any correspondence with a member of the Dotdash recruiting team will come from a @dotdash.com or a firstname.lastname@example.org account belonging to a Dotdash Recruiter. If you are in conversations for a job opportunity and wish to confirm its validity, please reach out directly to email@example.com.
Dotdash embraces inclusivity and values our diverse community. We are committed to building a team based on qualifications, merit and business need. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.