Software Engineer Intern
About Your Role:
Our Software Development team is vital to our ability to offer incredible content to our users. They are an incredibly creative and diverse team of techies who research and develop the systems used internally and by our millions of users. Our teams are looking for Software Development Interns to join us this summer and help make an impact.
The Dotdash Summer Intern Program is from June 3rd through August 9th, 40 hours a week, with a competitive compensation rate. This internship gives you the opportunity to make real technical contributions, ensuring that our 100 million unique monthly users have an incredible experience. You will work on our core products and services as well as those that support critical functions of our development operations.
Depending on your background and interests, you will be working with the team in one of the following areas:
- Actively pursuing a BS degree in Computer Science or related field in your Junior or Senior year
- Experience developing using technology such as Java, C++, Python, etc.
- Knowledge of databases like MySQL, MongoDB, Cassandra, etc.
- Knowledge of UNIX/Linux (Free BSD!)
- Knowledge of testing tech like Selenium and a desire to break things and put them back together!
- Desire to create things in a high transaction software/web development setting
- Strong object-oriented design and development skill-set
For more than 20 years, Dotdash brands have been helping people find answers, solve problems, and get inspired. We are one of the top-20 largest content publishers on the Internet according to comScore, a leading Internet measurement company, and reach more than 30% of the U.S. population every month. Our brands collectively have won more than 20 industry awards in the last year alone and, most recently, Dotdash was named Publisher of the Year by Digiday, a leading industry publication. Our brands include Verywell, The Spruce, The Balance, Investopedia, Lifewire, Byrdie, MyDomaine, TripSavvy and ThoughtCo.
Dotdash embraces inclusivity and values our diverse community. We are committed to building a team based on qualifications, merit and business need. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.