Senior Scrum Master
About Your Role:
At Dotdash we take our Agile culture seriously, embracing change in a fast-paced environment while keeping our plans organized, and our teams motivated and high performing. As the Agile Program Manager and Scrum Master, you will work closely with our development teams in strengthening our Scrum and Kanban practices while bringing visibility to progress. Your role is a partner to product management and engineering in the direction and growth of the development team and product development organization.
You will have a direct impact on teams and at the organizational level, helping to shape the Agile practice and culture across the product development group with plenty of teaching and learning opportunities.
About Your Contributions:
- You will drive agility on your teams, facilitating the timely delivery of products and initiatives which delight users and stakeholders alike.
- You will assess the Scrum maturity of the team and organization and coach the team to high performance, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team and organization.
- You will partner with product management and engineering to help create short- and longer-term roadmaps and release plans, bringing Agile project management expertise to team leadership.
- You will work with product management and engineering to identify and track dependencies across the full lifecycle of product development.
- You will help teams to optimize the flow of work by removing impediments, running effective retrospectives, collecting and sharing metrics, and cultivating a culture of continuous improvement.
- You will foster a healthy team culture.
- You are: communicative, facilitative, assertive, situationally aware, enthusiastic, continually improving, transparent, able to foster a cohesive team culture, and strive to empower your teams.
- You are well-versed in and a proponent of the Agile principles and manifesto and able to balance it with a drive to organize, plan and forecast, and being flexible enough to adapt practices to specific teams and the organization.
- You have a strong understanding of the fundamentals of full lifecycle software development processes and procedures.
- You have a strong ability to communicate in and outside the team on process and technical issues with peers and with executive stakeholders.
- You have experience playing the Scrum Master role for at least three years for a software development team that was diligently applying Scrum principles, practices, and theory. Experience, insight, enthusiasm, and ability to learn eclipses classroom learning and certifications.
- You have experience with a range of tools, and can learn to configure everything from an index card to JIRA integrations.
- You have 3+ years of experience as a project or program manager
- You have 2+ years experience as a Scrum Master for software development teams
For more than 20 years, Dotdash brands have been helping people find answers, solve problems, and get inspired. We are one of the top-20 largest content publishers on the Internet according to comScore, a leading Internet measurement company, and reach more than 30% of the U.S. population every month. Our brands collectively have won more than 20 industry awards in the last year alone and, most recently, Dotdash was named Publisher of the Year by Digiday, a leading industry publication. Our brands include Verywell, The Spruce, The Balance, Investopedia, Lifewire, Byrdie, MyDomaine, TripSavvy and ThoughtCo.
Dotdash embraces inclusivity and values our diverse community. We are committed to building a team based on qualifications, merit and business need. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.