Economics Editor, Investopedia
Investopedia is seeking an experienced contract editor to help ensure our readers understand the economy and its relationship to the markets and their pocketbooks. We are seeking a finance journalist with a passion for educating and empowering others about complex topics. Must have a solid background in economics and digital publishing.
This is a contract role and the pay rate is $35 to $50 per hour.
About the Role:
Thousands of readers look to Investopedia daily for guidance in understanding economics. As a contract editor at Investopedia, you will help ensure we have the most well-researched, trustworthy, and inclusive economics education content online. You will help create and improve upon our best-in-class library of financial terms and ensure our economics education content offers the readers the most comprehensive deep dives into such topics as macroeconomics, microeconomics, and behavioral economics.
About Your Contributions:
- Edit and publish educational content to help readers understand macro and micro economics
- Follow Investopedia and Dotdash Meredith's best practices and styles
- Develop search-friendly economics story ideas
- Work with the Investopedia staff, as well as freelance writers and editors
The ideal candidate is an experienced economics journalist with a history of working with well-recognized business and finance outlets.
- 3 to 5 years of experience publishing economics content with well-respected outlets
- Strong editorial skills, including demonstrated experience line editing for content improvements, grammar, and AP style
- Experience with SEO best practices
- Deep knowledge of economics, both domestic and international
- Superior organizational skills with a keen attention to detail
- Technological savvy required
The Company participates in the federal E-Verify program to confirm the identity and employment authorization of all newly hired employees. For further information about the E-Verify program, please click here: https://www.e-verify.gov/employees