Associate Director/ Director, Revenue Product
About Your Role:
As the Associate Director/Director, Revenue Product, you’ll play an integral role in monetizing our six verticals, with a focus on custom ad products. Dotdash properties help users learn need to know information. Our intent driven readers are looking to find answers, solve problems, and take action. As the product owner for custom ads and rich media products, this means you’ll be building and optimizing products that provide clear and definable value to our advertising partners, without sacrificing a best-in-class user experience.
The ability to understand big-picture business needs and then translate them into achievable and measurable results, is critical to success in this role. This position reports into Vice President, Product.
About Your Contributions:
- Define the product vision and business goals for custom ad products and sponsored vertical integrations
- Own the product roadmap and results
- Develop new advertising solutions in concert with all relevant stakeholders (revenue team, content team, and product team) with focus on UX and technical performance
- Drive strategic product decisions via evaluation of market trends and meticulous analysis of product, site and revenue performance
- Develop and maintain detailed business requirements, product roadmaps and design documentation for the full product lifecycle
- Manage vendor integrations and technology partnerships
- Responsible for internal education around products: establish best practices, partner with product analytics and marketing teams, develop processes for information handoff
- You have a thorough understanding of digital advertising standards, practices, and technologies (planning, targeting, ad serving, reporting, et al) for both custom rich media and ad products
- You have 5+ years of ad product development, management or relevant digital experience
- You thrive on innovation and understand marketplace needs of branded content experiences and editorial sponsorships
- You understand and drive towards client KPI’s
- You’re an excellent communicator, with the ability to tailor messages for different audiences
- You’re practical, thoughtful and capable of building consensus to deliver successful products
- You have an understanding of/appreciation for Agile principles
- Experience in the Pharma industry preferred but not required
For more than 20 years, Dotdash brands have been helping people find answers, solve problems, and get inspired. We are one of the top-20 largest content publishers on the Internet according to comScore, a leading Internet measurement company, and reach more than 30% of the U.S. population every month. Our brands collectively have won more than 20 industry awards in the last year alone and, most recently, Dotdash was named Publisher of the Year by Digiday, a leading industry publication. Our brands include Verywell, The Spruce, The Balance, Investopedia, Lifewire, TripSavvy and ThoughtCo.
Dotdash embraces inclusivity and values our diverse community. We are committed to building a team based on qualifications, merit and business need. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.