About Your Role:
As a Data Engineer, you will empower users at Dotdash to make data-driven decisions and gain valuable insights into our business. The DataOps team facilitates the free and open use of data across the organization and encourages data culture through weekly meetings, outreach and technical consulting. We are a small, passionate team looking for a data geek with a broad skill set and data chops.
About Your Contributions:
- Build and maintain data integrations
- Deploy code and machines to AWS to create and improve our existing data tools
- Curate our Data Lake to constantly improve our user experience
- Understand scalability issues and adapt systems to evolving user and business needs
- Find ways to use new and exciting technology to solve engineering challenges
- Experience building data integrations with Python, Spark or Java
- Experience with engineering in the Cloud – preferably on AWS
- Experience with Hadoop, Hive, Spark and/or AWS EMR
- Comfortable writing SQL queries to analyze data
- Proficient in the Linux CLI
- Ansible, Puppet, Chef experience a plus
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology, or a closely related technical field or foreign equivalent
For more than 20 years, Dotdash brands have been helping people find answers, solve problems, and get inspired. We are one of the top-20 largest content publishers on the Internet according to comScore, a leading Internet measurement company, and reach more than 30% of the U.S. population every month. Our brands collectively have won more than 20 industry awards in the last year alone and, most recently, Dotdash was named Publisher of the Year by Digiday, a leading industry publication. Our brands include Verywell, The Spruce, The Balance, Investopedia, Lifewire, Byrdie, MyDomaine, TripSavvy and ThoughtCo.
Dotdash embraces inclusivity and values our diverse community. We are committed to building a team based on qualifications, merit and business need. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.