Team Lead, Front End Engineering
About Your Role:
We are looking for a front-end team lead with a demonstrated track record of mentorship, innovative thinking, and technical excellence. You will work in a collaborative Agile environment to support and expand the website of one of our flagship brands. As the technology leader on your scrum team, you will be responsible for helping to set technical direction, realizing your ideas in code, and collaborating with other groups within the organization.
About Your Contributions:
- Manage and mentor front-end developers on your team, to grow their skills and prepare them for increased responsibility.
- Prototype and develop responsive and elegant cross-platform functionality.
- Research new technologies to solve problems and improve existing systems.
- Lead discussions about project architecture and technical feasibility, make decisions, and justify your development approach.
- Work closely with the scrum master and product owner to help address business needs while maintaining engineering standards and paying down technical debt.
- 4+ years in a web development position. The ideal candidate will have spent at least one year working as a “full-stack” developer.
- Experience working with a component-based web framework, particularly one with a server-side templating aspect (e.g., Apache Tiles, Vue+Nuxt, React+Next). Candidates without this should have significant experience with at least one server-side templating language (e.g., JSP, FTL, Handlebars, ERB).
- The ability to translate technical concepts into business-friendly requirements – and vice versa.
- Interested in expanding your history of mentorship and guidance into a leadership role.
For more than 20 years, Dotdash brands have been helping people find answers, solve problems, and get inspired. We are one of the top-20 largest content publishers on the Internet according to comScore, a leading Internet measurement company, and reach more than 30% of the U.S. population every month. Our brands collectively have won more than 20 industry awards in the last year alone and, most recently, Dotdash was named Publisher of the Year by Digiday, a leading industry publication. Our brands include Verywell, The Spruce, The Balance, Investopedia, Lifewire, Byrdie, MyDomaine, TripSavvy and ThoughtCo.
Dotdash embraces inclusivity and values our diverse community. We are committed to building a team based on qualifications, merit and business need. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.