Content Update Editor, InStyle
About The Role:
Dotdash Meredith is looking for a remote content update editor for InStyle. Candidates should have experience writing or editing beauty, lifestyle, and fashion articles. Update editors may revise outdated information, polish dull or error-ridden copy, and expand text to ensure articles are detailed and comprehensive.
As a digital publisher that reaches millions per month, Dotdash Meredith has the power and responsibility to create positive change. We are focusing our hiring efforts on diversity, equity, and inclusion to build a team that reflects our mission for racial equity in everything we do.
We are looking for editors who can commit to 20-40 hours a week of work. The rate for this position is $28-$30 per hour. Applicants must live in the United States or Canada.
About Your Contributions:
- Research and perform revisions, updates, and rewrites to content as needed according to specific project instructions and brand guidelines
- Fact check and copy edit on top of any larger revisions and updates
- Source and add imagery that aligns with project guidelines and brand visual style
- At least 3 years experience writing or editing beauty, entertainment, fashion or related content, preferably for a digital brand, magazine, or newspaper
- Strong writing and editing skills, with an ability to adopt an established brand voice and adhere to style guidelines
- Able to confidently research and write/edit relevant content including: beauty, fashion, pop culture, celebrity interviews, lifestyle, and astrology
- Comfortable with content management systems, including Wordpress
- Detail-oriented and able to work efficiently, independently, and accurately
- Bachelor’s degree required
- You are comfortable working remotely
- You have access to a smartphone, computer (not a tablet), and a secure internet connection