Sr / Video Producer
About The Role:
Dotdash is seeking highly organized and creative video makers, with shooting, lighting and editing skills to join its growing team as full-time staff Senior Video Producer. You’ll pitch, shoot, edit, and publish short-form web videos that inform and inspire audiences across our suite of properties and video formats – explainers, demos, recipes, and interviews, on everything from tech to food. As Senior Video Producer, you’ll be responsible for all aspects of the production process for many types of projects. You’ll shift gears between shooting and directing, and managing your own productions, including casting, finding locations, hiring crew, and tracking budgets. The Dotdash video team produces hundreds of instructional videos across many brands and categories, as well as sponsored content, so this is an exciting role for video creators to tackle a wide scope of content.
About Your Contributions:
- Create a large volume of great-looking instructional videos that are on-brand and engaging. Brainstorm and develop fresh new ideas for evergreen content.
- Own production of multiple projects from concept all the way through upload and thumbnail selection. Develop and pitch ideas; research; write scripts and treatments; coordinate shoots; shoot, light, and direct; edit and upload.
- Identify opportunities for incorporating videos on-site, and develop clever ways to illustrate instructional concepts.
- Strive to meet output goals and deadlines while maintaining and improving quality.
- Collaborate with the video team and project stakeholders to execute ideas.
- Solve big and small problems before they arise, and take ownership of critical details like scouting locations, assembling sets, casting, and procuring crew and props.
- Upload and coordinate asset delivery. Maintain all project documentation from budgets to contracts.
- 5-8 years producing, shooting, and editing videos for digital publishers. Genuine knowledge of the online video space. Bonus points for experience with instructional video formats in home, beauty, food, and/or DIY categories.
- Extensive knowledge of digital cinema cameras, including experience with the FS7 and C100.
- Proficiency with lighting and audio gear; ability to light a basic setup professionally and enough experience to troubleshoot production challenges quickly.
- Advanced knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite. Quickly turn around edits in Premiere and execute basic graphics in After Effects. Stylish design and edit sensibility.
- Openness and willing to learn and collaborate with team members. You’re often a leader, but you’re also comfortable in a supporting role for colleagues.
- Can-do approach to production and an eagerness to do more with less. You’re resourceful and excited by creative challenges.
- Organized, driven, and fast. You can manage multiple projects at once and you get the big picture, but you don’t miss the details.
For more than 20 years, Dotdash brands have been helping people find answers, solve problems, and get inspired. We are one of the top-20 largest content publishers on the Internet according to comScore, a leading Internet measurement company, and reach more than 30% of the U.S. population every month. Our brands collectively have won more than 20 industry awards in the last year alone and, most recently, Dotdash was named Publisher of the Year by Digiday, a leading industry publication. Our brands include Verywell, The Spruce, The Balance, Investopedia, Lifewire, Byrdie, MyDomaine, TripSavvy and ThoughtCo.
Dotdash embraces inclusivity and values our diverse community. We are committed to building a team based on qualifications, merit and business need. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.