Associate Social Media Editor
About the Role
Byrdie and MyDomaine are looking for a full-time associate social media editor.
This socially savvy beauty and lifestyle enthusiast will help execute the day-to-day publishing of compelling content on Byrdie and MyDomaine’s social channels (Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, and Flipboard) driving brand awareness, traffic and community. Additionally, the editor will curate a cohesive social presence that embodies the unique visual/editorial voice and point of view of each site.
About Your Contributions
- Schedule and publish daily content on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, and Flipboard
- Write social copy that embodies the brand voice while also driving KPIs
- Partner with editorial teams to create compelling social content that supports on-site content
- Collaborate with influencers and PR to coordinate takeovers and event coverage
- Conceptualize and execute coverage of live events, in-person interviews, etc.
- Source UGC to be repurposed on social channels
Engage with our community through comments and DMs across platforms
- 2-4 years of experience working across social platforms (Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, Flipboard) for a brand or publication. (A strong personal social presence is a plus.)
- Experience writing social copy that embodies a strong brand voice and drives traffic and engagement.
- Ability to accurately interpret social analytics and report to senior management.
- Experience capturing and editing photos and videos for social-only use, specifically, for Instagram and Instagram Stories during events or interviews. Adept in native Instagram editing tools, and experienced in third-party editing tools such as Photoshop, VSCO, Snapseed, etc.
- Strong understanding of the Byrdie and MyDomaine aesthetic and voice, as well as the social and competitive landscape for the beauty, home, and lifestyle categories.
- Ability to identify social trends across the beauty, home, and lifestyle spaces.
- Process- and detail-oriented; deadline-focused.
- Knowledge of the beauty and home influencer space and able to identify on-brand influencers. Experience coordinating takeovers, content swaps, etc. preferred.
For more than 20 years, Dotdash brands have been helping people find answers, solve problems, and get inspired. We are one of the top-20 largest content publishers on the Internet according to comScore, a leading Internet measurement company, and reach more than 30% of the U.S. population every month. Our brands collectively have won more than 20 industry awards in the last year alone and, most recently, Dotdash was named Publisher of the Year by Digiday, a leading industry publication. Our brands include Verywell, The Spruce, The Balance, Investopedia, Lifewire, Byrdie, MyDomaine, TripSavvy and ThoughtCo.
Dotdash embraces inclusivity and values our diverse community. We are committed to building a team based on qualifications, merit and business need. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.