Vet Review Board Member, Spruce Pets
About Your Role:
At The Spruce Pets, we are continually working to improve the resources we provide to our readers. Our team of editors and writers buy, test, review, and rank pet goods to guarantee that whatever you buy for your pet is worth the money! As an additional layer of support, we are seeking new members to join our Veterinary Review Board and review pet goods articles.The Spruce Pets Veterinary Review Board is made up of top board-certified veterinarians. Experts on our board have a total veterinary expertise of more than 100 years and specialize in a variety of areas, including cats and dogs, horses and equine care, aquatic animals, and exotic animals. These individuals were chosen for their remarkable qualifications and ability to communicate complex or dense subjects to a broad audience.
The Veterinary board member will be assessing the article's broad medical content. The member is not subject to review particular product claims or promote any items (although feedback regarding this information would always be welcome).
Our Vet Review Board members may be asked to:
- Review The Spruce Pets content for accuracy and credibility
- Contribute ideas for improving our content
- Serve as an expert source, providing quotes, and/or supporting information to The Spruce Pets writers and editors
About Your Contributions:
- Review Board Members are asked for a 72 hour turnaround time to review content
- Have access to high-speed internet
- This is part-time position; candidate must be willing to work 5-10 hours per week
- A Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM, VMD) or equivalent is required
- Licensed in any state of the Continental U.S., (retired DVM’s welcome!)
- A minimum of 5 years experience as a practicing veterinarian or vet technician
- Tech-savvy, a plus!
- Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail
The Company participates in the federal E-Verify program to confirm the identity and employment authorization of all newly hired employees. For further information about the E-Verify program, please click here: https://www.e-verify.gov/employees