Front End Developer
About Your Role:
We are looking for a Front End Developer to be based in Edmonton, AB, with a demonstrated track record of innovative thinking, technical mastery, and peer guidance on our Vertical Brands. You will work in a collaborative Agile environment as well as realizing these ideas in code.
About your contributions:
- Develop responsive and elegant cross-platform functionality in a component-based framework
- Partner with other developers on your team.
- Participate in conversations about the design and architecture of our commerce platform.
- Develop responsive and elegant cross-platform functionality.
- Research new technologies and approaches to solve problems and improve existing systems.
- Work directly with designers, QA, and back-end developers to fully realize the product vision.
- Minimum of 2+ years’ experience
- Publishing or digital media experience preferred but not required
- Can troubleshoot complex issues independently and seek input from the team when stuck
- Experience building templates using a server-side templating engine (e.g. JSP, TWIG, Handlebars, EJS, ERB)
- Willingness to learn and grow as a developer
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology, or a closely related technical field or foreign equivalent
For more than 20 years, Dotdash brands have been helping people find answers, solve problems, and get inspired. We are one of the top-20 largest content publishers on the Internet according to comScore, a leading Internet measurement company, and reach more than 30% of the U.S. population every month. Our brands collectively have won more than 20 industry awards in the last year alone and, most recently, Dotdash was named Publisher of the Year by Digiday, a leading industry publication. Our brands include Verywell, The Spruce, The Balance, Investopedia, Lifewire, TripSavvy, Byrdie, MyDomaine, Brides and ThoughtCo.
Please be aware of fraudulent recruiters offering opportunities at Dotdash. Note that any correspondence with a member of the Dotdash recruiting team will come from a @dotdash.com or a firstname.lastname@example.org account belonging to a Dotdash Recruiter. If you are in conversations for a job opportunity and wish to confirm its validity, please reach out directly to email@example.com.
Dotdash embraces inclusivity and values our diverse community. We are committed to building a team based on qualifications, merit and business need. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.