Mechanical Technician - Machinist
Domtar Inc., Dryden Operations, is currently seeking an experienced individual to become part of one of our multi-skilled maintenance teams while contributing to our ongoing success. A progressive community set between Winnipeg and Thunder Bay, Dryden offers excellent recreational, fishing and outdoor activities.
As an ideal candidate, you have:
- A Grade 12 diploma or community College Certification
- A valid Interprovincial Machinist Certification
- Minimum 5 years of related experience
- Experience in the Pulp and Paper industry will be considered an asset.
Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, your responsibilities include:
- Safety-oriented mindset with the focus on mill safety and environmental policies and procedures.
- Able to set-up and operate all equipment within the machine shop.
- Ability to use precision-measuring tools and work to close tolerances.
- Retain proper maintenance records.
- Must be able to read and interpret shop drawings/blueprints.
If you are interested in an opportunity to work with an organization that is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers a full range of employee benefits and a competitive wage package, consider joining our Team. Please apply online and attach your resume, cover letter and proof of certification, in confidence.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Domtar is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, color, sex (including gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), marital status, religion, national origin, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.