Entry Level Engineer - Electrical
Domtar is seeking recent college graduates with a focus in Electrical Engineering interested in growth development and sophisticated project assignments to join our team!
As an Entry Level Engineer, you will be part of a team that shapes the future of innovation in the Pulp and Paper industry. Our Entry Level Engineers enter the workforce and immediately begin to impact the organization by helping us bring world-class innovation to market and design our next generation of amazing products that people touch every day.
You’ll become fully integrated into our mill, working directly with executives and management with an assigned mentor to maximize your growth and development. During this time, our Entry Level Engineers will receive a comprehensive orientation to Domtar, full exposure to the mill, and work closely with operations and engineering in various functional units within the facility on project intake, scope, design, documentation, and rollouts. We have rotational programs set-up, providing entry level engineers the opportunity to rotate throughout the pulp, paper, and power sectors.
Career advancement exists in operations, maintenance, quality assurance, product development, wastewater treatment, environmental and safety operations. Join us, and build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
- Must be a recent graduate from an accredited degree program. Desired major include Electrical Engineering
- Minimum GPA of 3.0.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications.
- Technical writing and presentation skills
- CAD experience preferred but not required
- Up to 10% travel to U.S. mills based on project requirements
- Interest in the pulp and paper industry and building a developmental career with unlimited learning opportunities.
- Ability to comply with and enforce company, safety and environmental policies and procedures.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Proven interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Team player attitude, with the ability to work with diverse teams, multiple organizational levels and across business functions.
- Well-developed problem solving and analytical skills.
- High level of initiative and motivation.
- Resourceful, quick learner and dependable.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
Domtar is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, color, sex (including gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), marital status, religion, national origin, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.