Industrial Mechanic Millwright
Domtar Inc., Specialty Papers Division, Espanola Operations is currently seeking a Industrial Mechanic Millwright to join our team.
As an integrated mill, Espanola operates two pulp machines for making specialty hardwood and softwood pulps, and two paper machines that produce more than 300 different types of paper. The Espanola mill's competitive difference is people and technology. Espanola ranks among the most innovative mills in North America. The Espanola Mill is ISO 9001 certified. Our FSC (Forest Stewardship Council) chain of custody certification, along with ISO 14001, also places us in the North American forefront.
- Various types of millwright duties, e.g. mechanical installations and alignments
- Read/interpret instructions and documentation and plan safe work activities accordingly
- 5+ years of Millwright experience within an industrial environment
- Must have a 433A Industrial Mechanic Millwright Certificate of Qualification or equivalent
- Ability to work in confined spaces and from heights
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced changing environment
- Possess excellent communication skills - written and verbal
- Good working knowledge/experience with computer systems such as Microsoft Office and SAP
- Ability to read CAD prints
- High pressure or structural welding experience is an asset
- Experience with erecting and dismantling scaffolds is an asset
- Experience in the Pulp and Paper industry is an asset
- Additional qualifications is an asset
- Applicant must successfully complete a selection process that includes panel interviews, testing, background check and health assessment.
- Domtar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- We would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Domtar is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, color, sex (including gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), marital status, religion, national origin, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.