$41.43 - $44.13 Hour
Benefits: Pension, Medical/Dental/Vacation/Floaters/Safety Clothing & Boot Allowance
Domtar Inc., Specialty Papers Division, Espanola Operations is currently seeking an Electrician to join our team.
Located in Espanola ON (75 km’s away from Sudbury, ON), Espanola is a gateway to outdoor adventure in North-Eastern Ontario.
As an integrated mill, Espanola operates one pulp machine for making specialty hardwood and softwood pulps, and two paper machines that produce more than 300 different types of paper. Espanola ranks among the most innovative mills in North America. The Espanola Mill is ISO 9001 certified. Our FSC (Forest Stewardship Council) chain of custody certification, along with ISO 14001, also places us in the North American forefront.
Health and Safety is our number one priority. All tasks must be performed following all Domtar health and safety rules.
- Have a safe working knowledge of the principles of operation of Electrical and Electronic equipment.
- Perform Lock and Tag on several styles of low to medium voltage starters
- Have an excellent understanding of motor control including Variable Frequency Drives
- Be able to install and repair 120V, 347V and 600V Lighting Systems
- Perform various preventative maintenance tasks including motor greasing, battery bank inspections and transformer inspections
- Install, maintain and troubleshoot software and hardware for complex electronic / electrical systems such as Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC) and Distributed Control Systems (DCS).
- Be able to learn the basic mill process to enhance troubleshooting skills
- Communicate well and deal professionally with all levels of contacts (internal and external).
- Be thoroughly familiar with all safety and environmental procedures, including those related to specialized electrical equipment.
- Have a strong working knowledge of low and medium voltage electrical equipment and power systems
- Be willing to work 12hr rotating shift to assist with holiday coverage
- Must learn how to operate hydro-electric generators
- Share knowledge and experience with others for the benefit of the mill
- Must have a 442A Industrial Electrician or 309A Construction & Maintenance certificate of qualification.
- Experience working in an industrial environment would be an asset.
Knowledge – Skills – Abilities
- Advanced experience, knowledge and understanding of safe work practices.
- Ability to work independently on shift with little assistance at a technician level.
- Must have analytical, critical thinking and proven problem-solving skills – have ability to prioritize, make sound decisions, and resolve issues efficiently and effectively.
- Individual must be results focused and detail oriented.
- Knowledge/proficiency with common computer applications such as MS Office with the ability to learn specific applications used by the organization
- Ability to work in confined spaces.
- Knowledge and understanding of the Pulp and Paper industry is an asset.
- Applicant must successfully complete a selection process that includes panel interview, testing, background check and health assessment.
- Domtar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- We would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
- To apply for this opportunity – please submit your resume to the Human Resources Department at: [email protected].