Sr Analyst, Accounting & Finance
Reporting to the Divisional Controller – Pulp & Paper, the Senior Analyst will prepare critical management reports, perform financial analysis and engage in special projects, as well as work with the Pulp & Paper Controller on significant and technical accounting matters.
- Possess a strong working knowledge of U.S. GAAP and assist the Divisional Controller - Pulp & Paper with the interpretation of US GAAP and other relevant accounting guidance (including Domtar policy) - encompassing complex areas of GAAP including LIFO, ARO accounting, ASC 842 (Leases);
- Perform relevant accounting research and prepare accounting memos on accounting treatment. Train and provide guidance on new and recurring accounting interpretations;
- Support multiple locations in technical accounting and financial reporting matters;
- Drive uniformity in accounting and processes across the entire Pulp and Paper Division;
- Assist the Corporate Reporting group with relevant accounting items;
- Special projects as directed. This role could include special project assignments that span 2 weeks and beyond that will require flexibility in your day to day tasks. These projects could entail identifying and solving potential accounting/operational challenges at a site or sites. The ability to stay organized and on top of these tasks is paramount;
- Actively participate in and lead division-wide initiatives to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of financial reporting;
Key Skill Sets:
- Work well in a team-based environment while also working independently on individual tasks.
- Excellent analytical skills with a high-level of attention to detail;
- Advance knowledge of Excel, including advanced formulas & pivot tables;
- Strong oral and written communication skills – the ability to communicate effectively in day to day communications (e.g. emails), as well as writing lengthy and complex technical accounting memoranda;
- Ability to take complex accounting work and data and be able to review, summarize and explain them in a succinct and effective manner to the Divisional Controller for Pulp and Paper;
Required Qualifications/Professional Experience:
- BA/BS Degree in Accounting required, as well as either a CPA or CMA designation
- 6+ years of work experience in Accounting encompassing 2-4 years’ experience in a Big 4 public accounting firm.
- Experience with manufacturing clients and SEC registrant clients. Ideally, a combination of Big 4 public accounting as well as experience in accounting within a large manufacturing company
- A strong working knowledge and experience in working in a SOX control environment - helping to ensure adherence to SOX & ensuring the Company’s annual SOX plan is both efficient and effective.
Domtar is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, color, sex (including gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), marital status, religion, national origin, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.