Location: Fort Mill, SC
Reports to: Accounting Supervisor
Reporting to the Accounting Supervisor, your role will be to provide professional financial/accounting support for Domtar’s manufacturing sites as well as for other Finance leaders.
- Perform month end closing responsibilities, including posting journal entries, inventory movements and running cost allocations.
- Possess ability and track-record of challenging reported figures, asking questions & probing others to ensure that the right answers are obtained.
- Prepare monthly account reconciliations and balance sheet review for all asset and liability accounts.
- Review/prepare monthly accounting and financial reports including variance analysis.
- Perform as Accounting /Finance liaison for assigned mill(s) located throughout North America.
- Provide audit support (internal and external).
- Serve as resource to update and maintain major inventory standard product costs.
- Maintain finished goods product costing system.
- Coordinate with sites for actual/forecast/budget results and analysis.
- Research and apply accounting policies and principles to properly record, report, and maintain financial data.
- Some overtime will be necessary during critical times of month-end close, project delivery, etc.
Key Skill Sets:
- Good communicator at all levels of organization, in both written and verbal formats. Ability to understand accounting data, spreadsheets and concepts and simplify and communicate a message in both written and verbal communications.
- Excellent time management and organization skills - ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously is key
- Self-sufficient, proactive, results driven and detail oriented mindset.
- Analytical approach to solving problems and critical thinking.
- Willingness to challenge the status quo. Continuous striving to make reporting and processes more effective & efficient.
- BA/BS Degree in Accounting or Finance with 2+ years related experience in an accounting/finance role; experience within a manufacturing operations environment /processes is preferred but not required.
- Working knowledge in Microsoft Office with advanced Excel capabilities. Including advanced formulas and pivot tables.
- Experience working in an ERP systems, preferably SAP.
- Working knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
Domtar is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Domtar is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, color, sex (including gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), marital status, religion, national origin, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.