Customer Solutions Planning Representative
Customer Solutions Planning Representative
Domtar Packaging is a new chapter in our 170 year legacy. We are entering the containerboard market with the conversion of our Kingsport, Tennessee, paper mill. This will be our first one hundred percent recycled containerboard manufacturing operation with over 600K Tons of annual capacity. Kingsport is the first of four potential conversions.
The containerboard market is an exciting new market that directly aligns with our expertise of turning fiber into useful products.
You will be encouraged to think big, invent and take ownership of customer challenges. You will not only bring the best of Domtar Packaging to our customers, you will proactively help solve the customers challenges through new ideas, processes, and systems.
Reporting to the Customer Solutions Manager, Packaging business, your role as a Customer Solutions Planning Representative will consist of creating executable production plans, delivering high levels of customer satisfaction, as well as delivering efficient schedules to the manufacturing site (s). You will also be responsible to leverage technology to optimize machine efficiencies.
Building strong relationships with all business touchpoints, as well as being approachable, open-minded and detail oriented will be key to your success in this role.
You will be a liaison between the manufacturing, transportation, sales, customer solutions and business analysis teams with Domtar Packaging.
- Model Packaging machine capacity, planned downtime, block planning, capacity reservations, resource load at variable levels of detail
- Reserve capacity within a block for specific customers or group of customers
- Re-send a new Trim Solution down to MES if business changes are required after initial release (provided current MES process status permits)
- Provide solutions to manufacturing, customer service, and management that resolves system conflicts
- Use exception monitoring tools to identify block capacity alerts, order delays, projected and actual inventory level violations as well as other types of alerts
- Send new, changed and deleted Production Orders from SAP to MES
- Respond with timely and accurate information to sales, and manufacturing teams
- Establish, develop, and maintain productive relationships with internal and external customers built upon trust, integrity, open communication, and follow-up
- Support in improving Trim Optimization and Planning & Scheduling Systems
- Cross train to support Customer Solution Representatives
Critical Competencies & Skill Sets:
- Ability to work in a matrix environment, working closely with manufacturing, transportation, sales, customer solutions and business analysis teams within Domtar Packaging
- Understanding of customer contribution and profitability
- Motivation for sales and a mindset to win
- Strong independent initiative
- Time management
- Ability to coach and lead a team
- Critical thinking, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks simultaneously with continuous interruptions
- Strong relationships with internal stakeholders and the ability to influence without authority
- Bachelor’s degree with 3+ years of experience in a planning/scheduling.
- Experience within a manufacturing operations environment is preferred.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills, with proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Working knowledge of ERP systems, e.g. SAP R-14. MES systems e.g.
- Autoprod and Trim Optimization software e.g. Greycon.
- Business acumen
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Proactive mindset
- Minimum 3+ year’s experience in a planning/scheduling role
- Customer service experience
- Experience working in ERP systems such as SAP R-14, Trim Optimization software packages such as Greycon and MES such as Autoprod etc. Integrated Planning systems e.g. IBP
Domtar is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Domtar is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, color, sex (including gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), marital status, religion, national origin, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.