Accounting Specialist Port Huron Mill
Domtar is the largest integrated manufacturer and marketer of uncoated freesheet paper in North America. We design, manufacture, market, and distribute a wide range of paper products for a variety of customers, ranging from retail consumers to publishers.
Our Personal Care business encompasses the design, manufacture, marketing, and distribution of adult incontinence products, infant diapers, and other absorbent products. We sell a combination of branded and private label products, including briefs, protective underwear, underpants, pads, wash clothes, baby diapers, infant training pants, and related products.
The Port Huron, Michigan mill is a three-machine, non-integrated operation, producing 90,000 tons per year of lightweight specialty and printing papers. End uses for Port Huron’s products include packaging for quick-serve food, candy, and medical devices, as well as various books, catalogs, and financial publications.
Position Description and Responsibilities:
As an Accounting Specialist, you would develop and interpret through presentation to management operating reporting data to provide employees, shareholders and customers satisfaction.
- Perform month end closing responsibilities, including posting journal entries and inventory movements
- Prepare monthly account reconciliations and balance sheet review for all asset and liability accounts
- Review/prepare monthly accounting and financial reports including period variance analysis
- Backup for processing both union and non-unionized payrolls, accounts payables entry and grade costing
- Assist in preparation and analysis of annual budget and quarterly forecasts
Candidates must meet the following requirements for consideration:
- Successful candidate must possess the following: B.S. in Accounting or Finance.
- Experience within a manufacturing operations environment/process is preferred but not required. .
- Two plus years related experience in an accounting role
- Familiarity with PC operation and software a necessity. High proficiency in excel a necessity.
- SAP experience preferred.
- Background in general ledger, payables, payroll and fixed assets.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Domtar is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, color, sex (including gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), marital status, religion, national origin, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.