E&I Supervisor Port Huron Mill
Domtar is the largest integrated manufacturer and marketer of uncoated freesheet paper in North America. We design, manufacture, market, and distribute a wide range of paper products for a variety of customers, ranging from retail consumers to publishers.
Our Personal Care business encompasses the design, manufacture, marketing, and distribution of adult incontinence products, infant diapers, and other absorbent products. We sell a combination of branded and private label products, including briefs, protective underwear, underpants, pads, wash clothes, baby diapers, infant training pants, and related products.
The Port Huron, Michigan mill is a four-machine, non-integrated operation, producing 115,000 tons per year of lightweight specialty and printing papers. End uses for Port Huron’s products include packaging for quick-serve food, candy, and medical devices, as well as various books, catalogs, and financial publications.
Position Description and Responsibilities:
The EI Supervisor position is responsible for promoting safety above all, leading and coaching the E/I crafts, maintaining and improving the maintenance department integrity, reliability, and sustainability of all electrical and instrumentation equipment, processes, and assets. This will be accomplished through the management and coordination of work orders, repairs, inspections and the preventative maintenance. The incumbent will also support and promote the environmental, manufacturing processes and adhere to the Mission, Vision & Values of the Port Huron Mill. Below is a list of responsibilities and duties and is not all inclusive.
Responsibilities also include:
- Champion and drive company Environmental, Safety, and Health guidelines and policies for all craft employees
- Manage, supervise and provide guidance and technical assistance to assigned E&I craftsmen
- Provide technical support and resources to area managers and supervisors
- Train and assist in equipment and process troubleshooting and repairs
- Attend and participate in all scheduled meetings, training and seminars
- Maintain and promote a clean and organized work environment
- Provide coverage for other staff members as required for absences and vacation periods
- Responsible for craftsmen
- Craftsmen Accident / incident reports
- Craftsmen Technical and Safety training and documentation
- Craftsmen Personal evaluations and assessments
- Approve Assigned Craftsmen work hours
- Approve craftsmen vacations / time off request / swaps
- Maintain and modify Craftsmen work schedules as needed
- Shift EI Work Schedule
- Weekend EI Work Schedule
- Maintenance Trades Seniority Work List
- Filling known weekend EI Vacancies & Extra Work
- Attend Weekly Scheduling Meetings with department team leaders
- Develop Weekly EI Maintenance Schedule utilizing the Domtar Weekly Scheduling Tool
- Maintain / Update Weekly and Daily Scheduling Tool
- Track WOs Scheduled /Completed
- Track PMs scheduled / completed
- Track Safety WOs Scheduled / Completed
- Track Daily Break-In Work / man/hrs. each day
- Coordinate and implement daily and weekly job assignments and work schedules including weekends
- Manage daily emergency, unscheduled, and break-In work orders
- Schedule and coordinate manpower for paper machine and equipment shutdowns, repair outages and start-ups
- Coordinate all planned work order backlogs in “REDY” state to meet all compliance deadlines
- Safety Work
- Preventative Maintenance Work Orders
- Critical ISO Work Orders
Candidates must meet the following requirements for consideration:
- High School or equivalent.
- Associates in an electrical technical field preferred.
- 2+ years’ experience minimum.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Domtar is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, color, sex (including gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), marital status, religion, national origin, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.