Domtar Inc., Dryden Operations, is currently seeking a Shift Engineer to become part of our Power & Recovery team. A progressive community set between Winnipeg and Thunder Bay, Dryden offers excellent camping, fishing and outdoor activities.
Reporting to the Assistant Superintendent –Power and Recovery, your key job functions include:
- Provide leadership to the crews to ensure the safe and effective performance of their duties and ensure that the plant is operated in a safe and efficient manner.
- Ensure that all legislated requirements that pertain to the operation of the equipment and training of the crew are met
- Responsible for the health and safety of the crews in the Steam Plant and Recovery Areas
- Minimum 2nd Class Operating Engineer's certificate valid in the province of Ontario.
- Five (5) years minimum experience with steam plant operation and kraft recovery process
- Thorough knowledge of the Operating Engineers’ Act of Ontario and how it applies
- Ability to lead safety improvements through personal commitment and procedures.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and experience leading a team to achieve positive results.
- Strong interpersonal skills with excellent verbal and written communication skills to communicate with other departments.
If you are interested in an opportunity to work with an organization that is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers a full range of employee benefits and a competitive wage package, consider joining our Team. Please apply online and attach your cover letter, resume and standardized Operating Engineer Certificate.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Domtar is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, color, sex (including gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), marital status, religion, national origin, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.