Domtar makes products that people around the world rely on every day. We are driven to improve quality of life, how we do things is equally important as what we do and we are constantly looking for ways to be better. We design, manufacture, market and distribute a wide variety of pulp, paper and personal care products from copy paper to baby diapers. At Domtar you can expect more than just a job. We offer opportunities on which you can truly build a career.
We currently have an opening for an experienced, innovative, and organized individual for the role of Operations Superintendent at our site in Kamloops, British Columbia.
Reporting to the Fiberline Manager, your role will be to achieve the department objectives in the areas of health and safety, performance, environmental compliance, quality, productivity, and cost; while at the same time promote teamwork and continuous improvement.
More specifically, you will have to:
- Ensure maximum performance of the area and implementing procedures to optimize production and minimize cost while meeting quality standards
- Promote and ensure continuous improvement of the safety culture and support the implementation of health and safety programs
- Collaborate with the maintenance department and other segments of the business for best results and best coordination
- Take immediate corrective action as required and propose medium term solutions on environmental issues
- Administer budget of the area and manage supply ordering
- Execute reliability assessments and initiate improvements projects
- Lead shutdowns and planned work
- Act as the project sponsor for capital projects
- Maintain and improve an effective housekeeping program for the area
- You have a minimum of 7 years of experience in pulp operations;
- You are known for your leadership, innovative and problem solving skills;
- You have an extensive experience in pulp technology, operating and production methods;
- You have an advanced knowledge of continuous improvement principles and techniques;
- You have strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral
- A bachelor degree in engineering or a related field is an asset;Domtar is an equal opportunity employer. We invite women, first nation people, and members of visible minorities to apply.Our offer:
The mill is located in Kamloops, British Columbia. Kamloops is BC's Friendliest City and Canada's Tournament Capital! Close to 95,000 people reside in this beautiful community with a lifestyle like no other with 82 parks, over 200 lakes within an hour’s drive, close access to two ski hills and 13 diverse golf courses. The City is vibrant & growing fast and offers an extensive variety of services, businesses, leisure facilities and outdoor activities.
- Competitive compensation including an annual incentive plan;
- Flexible Insurance plans (medical, dental, life);
- Company-funded pension plan;
- Wellness program including health assessment and coaching
- Paid vacation/holidays;
- Employee Assistance Program;
- Employer-supported development and continuing education.
Thank you for applying at Domtar. Please note only selected candidates for an interview will be contacted.