The Reliability Engineer will report to the Reliability Superintendent Maintenance Department, Kingsport Mill. The successful candidate will provide support for the needs of the business in the maintenance reliability function.
- Improve Reliability Core Processes
- Improve Reliability of problematic and critical assets
- Review PM and PdM strategies and improve or modify as appropriate
- Provide maintenance engineering, technical assistance & reliability leadership/support.
- Identify & implement improvements in process & equipment reliability across the Mill by working closely with operations & maintenance personnel.
- Coordinate & supervise both Mill & contract personnel as needed.
- Serve as a key interface for Reliability improvement by reviewing equipment history & performing failure cause analysis.
- Review existing preventive maintenance processes for value to the maintenance effort & propose changes as necessary to improve the reliability of the assets.
- Guide efforts to maintain and/or improve reliability of plant equipment and processes.
- Define, develop, administer and refine the equipment asset care, condition monitoring and preventative maintenance programs.
- Inspect completed projects to ensure conformance with design standards.
- Support Maintenance teams: Help resolve technical issues or repair procedures as required.
- Execute outage work/projects as assigned.
- Provides existing support to activities in the use of instrument and electrical devices for industrial use.
- Estimate cost of work orders in terms of direct labor and materials required.
- Submits work orders for approval.
- Reserves materials from mill stores or issues requisitions to the purchasing department.
- Assigns tradesperson(s) in collaboration with the Maintenance Supervisor.
- Schedules work orders based on availability of parts while maintaining required backlogs.
- Seeks assistance of trade’s people in the planning process.
- Prepares plans and schedules monthly area shutdowns in collaboration with the Maintenance and Operations supervisors.
- Maintains backlog files of work orders and prepares backlog reports.
- In accordance with standard practice, ensures all necessary information has been provided for close out of the work orders.
- B.S. in Engineering required.
- Rotating equipment troubleshooting aptitude.
Preferred Qualifications/Professional Experiences/Years of Experience:
- 5 years of industrial experience as a Reliability Engineer.
- Reliability Certification (such as CRL, CRE, or CRMP, etc.)
- Must have good interpersonal and leadership skills with the ability to interact at all organizational levels.
- Be highly motivated, innovative and results oriented.
- The ability to prioritize makes sound decisions, and resolve issues efficiently and effectively.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively with various departments/areas and individuals (internal and external).
- Strong organizational, planning and time management skills.
- Analytical, critical thinking and proven problem solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and as a team.
- Results focused and detail-oriented.