The Reliability Engineer will report to the Reliability Superintendent Maintenance Department, Kingsport Mill. The successful candidate will provide support for the needs of the business in the maintenance reliability function.
- Improve Reliability Core Processes
- Improve Reliability of problematic and critical assets
- Review PM and PdM strategies and improve or modify as appropriate
- Provide maintenance engineering, technical assistance & reliability leadership/support.
- Identify & implement improvements in process & equipment reliability across the Mill by working closely with operations & maintenance personnel.
- Coordinate & supervise both Mill & contract personnel as needed.
- Serve as a key interface for Reliability improvement by reviewing equipment history & performing failure cause analysis.
- Review existing preventive maintenance processes for value to the maintenance effort & propose changes as necessary to improve the reliability of the assets.
- Guide efforts to maintain and/or improve reliability of plant equipment and processes.
- Define, develop, administer and refine the equipment asset care, condition monitoring and preventative maintenance programs.
- Inspect completed projects to ensure conformance with design standards.
- Support Maintenance teams: Help resolve technical issues or repair procedures as required.
- Execute outage work/projects as assigned.
- Provides existing support to activities in the use of instrument and electrical devices for industrial use.
- Estimate cost of work orders in terms of direct labor and materials required.
- Submits work orders for approval.
- Reserves materials from mill stores or issues requisitions to the purchasing department.
- Assigns tradesperson(s) in collaboration with the Maintenance Supervisor.
- Schedules work orders based on availability of parts while maintaining required backlogs.
- Seeks assistance of trade’s people in the planning process.
- Prepares plans and schedules monthly area shutdowns in collaboration with the Maintenance and Operations supervisors.
- Maintains backlog files of work orders and prepares backlog reports.
- In accordance with standard practice, ensures all necessary information has been provided for close out of the work orders.
- B.S. in Engineering required.
- Rotating equipment troubleshooting aptitude.
Preferred Qualifications/Professional Experiences/Years of Experience:
- 5 years of industrial experience as a Reliability Engineer.
- Reliability Certification (such as CRL, CRE, or CRMP, etc.)
- Must have good interpersonal and leadership skills with the ability to interact at all organizational levels.
- Be highly motivated, innovative and results oriented.
- The ability to prioritize makes sound decisions, and resolve issues efficiently and effectively.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively with various departments/areas and individuals (internal and external).
- Strong organizational, planning and time management skills.
- Analytical, critical thinking and proven problem solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and as a team.
- Results focused and detail-oriented.
Domtar is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, color, sex (including gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), marital status, religion, national origin, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.