Who is Domtar?
At Domtar, we’re driven to improve quality of life. With annual sales of US $5.5 billion, we make a wide variety of products that people around the world rely on every day, from copy paper to baby diapers. And how we do business is just as important as what we make. We’ve earned Great Place to Work Certification in the U.S. and a Forbes ranking as one of Canada’s Best Employers. Through our values of agility, caring and innovation, we constantly find better ways to champion health, dignity and comfort with our customers, colleagues and in our communities.
Who is Domtar Personal Care?
Personal care is not just our business. It’s Personal. It’s a child, a loved one; it’s often about those that can’t help themselves. Caring for them can only be personal. So Personal Care isn’t our category; it’s our calling, our mission. We imagine the solutions that make caring for babies’ skin, and preserving dignity and independence easier and more affordable for everyone. At Domtar, we believe everyone deserves personal care.
To be a global leader in absorbent hygiene by meeting consumers’ diverse needs through effective, affordable and widely available personal care solutions.
We champion health, dignity and comfort. We serve consumers and caregivers wherever they access personal care, through healthcare, retail and direct channels. We create value through our innovative solutions and achieve cost efficiency through operational scale, flexibility and the use of technology.
This position is responsible for the planning and procurement of components to meet production requirements. Manages inventory, develops target quantities, and minimizes total inventory expense while meeting required finished part service goals. Provide aid in replenishment and floor stocking programs with suppliers and support the supply chain and procurement divisions in their supplier optimization, quality improvement and cost reduction initiatives.
Principle Accountabilities/Key Duties:
- Execute MRP for materials and issue purchase orders to ensure material availability for Operations
- Reviews production schedules and demand plan needs against inventory levels and storage capacity in order to plan inbound bulk materials to meet operational needs
- Expedites with suppliers or explore alternative solutions to mitigate any known material shortages
- Communicates any known or potential material shortages delays or issues, while also working to develop solutions with suppliers and internal resources
- Daily reporting of issues and provide status updates
- Maintains files such as inventory records and delivery performance reporting in order to identify trends and seek opportunities for improvement in overall service, as well as review and assist to resolve invoicing discrepancies in Oracle as needed.
- Manages transition of components related to reformulations, redesigns, new product introductions, and item discontinuation from stand point of reduction in ordering or ordering first orders in a timely fashion
- Interacts with Master Planner, Master Data, Procurement, Scheduling, Sales Planning, Suppliers, and Category Planners to plan and execute smooth transition plans and supports Corporate Procurement Managers in the implementation of any Divisional or Plant Cost Savings initiatives
- Maintains target inventory levels by monitoring inventory levels and appropriately recommends cost-reducing inventory actions to management
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Should have at least a 4-year degree in Business or Logistics
- 3 to 5 years of related work experience
- Logistics or planning role preferred in a manufacturing environment.
Critical Competencies for Success:
- Microsoft Office - Excel, Access, Word and PowerPoint
- Working knowledge of Oracle, SAP or similar system
- Strong analytical skills
- Acute attention to details
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Ability to work in team environment, interface and work across all levels of the organization
- Self-starter with flexibility to meet challenging priorities
- Possess a positive and proactive approach to problems and opportunities
Domtar is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Domtar is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, color, sex (including gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), marital status, religion, national origin, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.