Customer Solutions Representative
Customer Solutions Representative
Domtar Packaging is a new chapter in our 170 year legacy. We are entering the containerboard market with the conversion of our Kingsport, Tennessee, paper mill. This will be our first one hundred percent recycled containerboard manufacturing operation with over 600K Tons of annual capacity. Kingsport is the first of four potential conversions.
The containerboard market is an exciting new market that directly aligns with our expertise of turning fiber into useful products.
You will be encouraged to think big, invent and take ownership of customer challenges. You will not only bring the best of Domtar Packaging to our customers, you will proactively help solve the customers challenges through new ideas, processes, and systems.
Reporting to the Customer Solutions Manager, the Customer Solutions Representative, will be a critical partner to Domtar Packaging customers.
As a Customer Solutions Representative, you will interact with customers to provide and process information in response to inquiries, concerns and requests about products and services. This position is a direct extension of Sales activities.
In this new position you will ensure that all Domtar cross functional teams (Mill, Transportation, planning etc.) are working together effectively and efficiently to deliver successful outcomes for the customer.
- Use Domtar systems (SAP R-14) to accurately set up new customer accounts
- Use SAP R14 and other systems to respond promptly to customer inquiries to on
- Product availability based on material / characteristics
- Pricing information
- Capacity available to promise
- Use Domtar systems to create invoices for customers with the correct data and distribute the invoices through paper, EDI or email as per requirements
- Process credit and debit memo's to Domtar customers for adjustments, claims, rebates, returns etc. and be able to distribute through paper, EDI or email as per requirements
- Communicate and coordinate with internal departments on customer issues and opportunities
- Cross train to provide support as required on planning and trimming systems
Critical Competencies & Skill Sets:
- Ability to work in a matrix environment, working closely with manufacturing and logistics
- Understanding of customer contribution and profitability
- Motivation for sales and a mindset to win
- Strong independent initiative
- Time management
- Ability to coach and lead a team
- Critical thinking, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks simultaneously with continuous interruptions
- Strong relationships with internal stakeholders and the ability to influence without authority
- Bachelor’s Degree or minimum 3+ years of experience in an inside or outside sales environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, and Power point)
- Ability to leverage technology, where appropriate, including virtual selling practices
- Business acumen
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Proactive mindset
Preferred Professional Experience/Qualifications:
- Minimum 3+ years in supply chain, customer service, experience in an inside or outside sales team environment
- Sales experience
- Experience working in a CRM such as salesforce.com, ERP systems such as SAP R-14, Trim Optimization software packages such as Greycon and MES such as Autoprod etc.
Domtar is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Domtar is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, color, sex (including gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), marital status, religion, national origin, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.