Sr. Manager, IT Program Management
Senior Manager, IT Program Management
As Senior Manager of IT Program Management you will manage and mentor a team of senior project managers. You are accountable for the successful planning and delivery of large programs and multiple, medium to large-size projects. You will work in close collaboration with various business partners, suppliers, consultants, project teams and IT functions. You will manage cross-project dependencies, budgets, risks, conflicts, and issue resolutions. You will measure performance and provide opportunities for teams to grow in knowledge and skills. You will engage with steering committees and report relevant information regarding project strategy and delivery. You will lead by example and ensure the team complies with project management standards and IT general controls. You will work with the Senior Manager of IT Project Portfolio Management and provide input to improve project governance, processes, and tools. This position reports to the Director of IT Program Management.
Required Education/Professional Experiences:
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology, engineering, business, or applicable discipline
- At least 15 years of experience working in Information Technology
- At least 10 years of experience managing IT projects, including end-to-end experience for medium-to-large projects and programs
- Success in managing multiple, large IT projects simultaneously.
- Broad understanding of IT infrastructure and ERP (SAP) technology
- Experience monitoring and managing vendor performance.
- Deep understanding of and ability to manage Project and Software Development Life Cycle(s) using both Agile and Waterfall methodologies
- Minimum of 10 years of experience managing direct reports
- Minimum of 10 years of experience managing capital and expense budgets
- Demonstrated experience with MSWord, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, SharePoint, MS Project or Smartsheet
- PMP certification or equivalent experience and training.
- Experience in the manufacturing industry a plus
- Skilled in negotiating and problem-solving with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Outstanding attention to detail combined with the ability to see the big picture.
- Comfortable exercising judgment and using analytical skills in ambiguous situations.
- Clear, effective verbal and written communication skills including the ability to actively listen, problem solve, and communicate effectively with both technical and business users.
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to a changing environment; proactively seek out information when necessary.
- Ability to assess and manage stakeholder expectations
- Ability to set clear priorities and standards
- Ability to listen and motivate others
- Ability to juggle and effectively manage multiple priorities at the same time
- Ability to drive projects, influence, and lead change throughout organization
- Ability to anticipate, mitigate, and work through change resistance or setbacks
- Ability to understand, communicate and manage customer expectations
- Good communicator at multi-levels of the organization (written and verbal)
- Flexibility and quickness to adapt to current conditions
- Creative approach to resolving issues
- Results-oriented planning and delivery
- Ability to facilitate meetings and obtain consensus
- Ability to structure and organize information in a way that leads to clear decisions
Domtar is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, color, sex (including gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), marital status, religion, national origin, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.