Safety and Security Manager Port Huron, Michigan
We are currently recruiting for a reliable Safety and Security Manager to join our Port Huron Team. This is a two year growth opportunity as the present Safety and Security Manager has been temporarily assigned to another asset within the organization. As the Safety and Security Manager you will be responsible for ensuring we are following and comply with all of the applicable safety laws, regulations and standards as well as our adopted best practices as established within the organization. Your ability to effectively observe, communicate and coach our safety expectations across the mill in a multidisciplinary work environment is essential. As the successful candidate you will possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Safety Engineering, Occupational Health and Safety or related field,
- CSP, ASP or equivalent level of safety certification is preferred,
- 5-10 years progressive safety experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment,
- 2-5 years’ experience in managing Worker’s Compensation and Fit for Duty Programs
- Demonstrated working knowledge of all applicable laws and standards: i.e. MIOSHA, NFPA, NEC, ANSI, and ASTM,
- Proficiency in Contractor Safety Management, Hearing Conservation, Fall Protection, Lockout/Tagout, Confined Space Entry, Hot Work, HAZCOM, Bloodborne Pathogens, Respiratory Protection and Significant Injury and Fatality Programs
- Proven effective communicator with strong interpersonal skills,
- Proven problem solving and conflict resolution skills,
- Demonstrated ability to influence and motivate others to achieve a high level of safety performance,
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and SAP,
- Demonstrated ability in organizing and presenting safety data, plans and results to all levels within the organization,
- Proven ability to lead and facilitate safety incident investigations (HPI or DNV) and safety audits,
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate Safety Committee Meetings and Safety Training,
- Demonstrated ability to manage a Safety Data Management (SDS) systems
- Ability to provide a safe and secure work environment for employees, contractors and customers by establishing and enforcing security policies and procedures; supervising the security guard force.
The physical demands for this position includes but is not limited to frequent walking, sitting and the climbing of stairs, occasional bending, lifting and carrying light weighted objects within a hot work environment. Some travel (< 5%) will be required as is necessary.
At Domtar, people make the difference. If you possess the above qualifications and are ready to join a world-class leader, please submit your cover letter with salary history and requirements along with your resume detailing each qualification.
An Equal Opportunity Employer