IT Project Manager
IT Project Manager
As an IT Project Manager, you will manage gate 4-5 project execution and have input into project planning. You will lead multidisciplinary project teams to deliver IT solutions. Project managers rally, influence and motivate project teams to work towards a common purpose. As a project manager you will be responsible for organizing, structuring, measuring, and communicating project assignments as well as reporting delivery status to various audiences. You will actively manage risks, actions, issues, and decisions. You will plan and schedule testing as well as ensure proper evidence and approvals are obtained. You will be responsible for scope, cost, quality, resource, change, and schedule management. It is essential to comply with applicable IT security and general controls and project management standards. This position reports to the Senior Manager of IT Program Management.
Required Education/Professional Experiences:
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology, engineering, business, or applicable discipline
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working in Information Technology
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working as IT project manager and/or portfolio manager
- Demonstrated experience with MSWord, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, SharePoint, MS Project or Smartsheet
- PMP certification or equivalent experience and training.
- Experience in the manufacturing industry a plus
- Ability to juggle and effectively manage multiple priorities at the same time
- Ability to drive projects, influence, and lead change throughout organization
- Ability to anticipate, mitigate, and work through ambiguity, change resistance or setbacks
- Ability to understand and manage customer expectations
- Effective communicator at multi-levels of the organization (written and verbal)
- Flexibility and quickness to adapt to current conditions
- Creative approach to resolving issues
- Results-oriented planning and delivery
- Ability to facilitate meetings and obtain consensus
- Ability to structure and organize information in a way that leads to clear decisions.
Domtar is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, color, sex (including gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), marital status, religion, national origin, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.