Sr Advisor, Human Resources
Senior Human Resources Generalist
Domtar Paper Company, LLC is a Fortune 1000 company that manufactures uncoated freesheet paper, market and fluff pulp, and adult incontinence products. Johnsonburg Paper Mill manufactures different grades of paper including Husky, Lynx, and Xerocopy. Johnsonburg Mill, located in Johnsonburg, PA, has an opening for Senior HR Generalist.
As part of our team, the Senior HR Generalist performs HR-related duties on a professional level and works closely with the HR Manager in supporting mill needs. This position carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: training, employee and labor relations, performance management, on-boarding, policy implementation, recruitment/employment, and employment law compliance. Duties associated with this position are as follows:
- Take a hands-on approach to managing the day-to-day operational aspects of HR including position management, staffing/planning, headcount activity and turnover.
- Work with leaders and employees to establish and maintain a positive work environment encouraging the full use of diverse talents and abilities.
- Maintain close contact with the leadership team to ensure alignment with corporate and site goals/mission.
- Manage specific projects as determined in the HR planning process and participate in functional and cross-functional initiatives.
- Act as an adviser and coach to managers and employees providing Human Resources expertise in implementing business initiatives and promoting employee engagement.
- Act as an adviser to managers on our labor contract and handle labor relations issues with employees.
- Facilitate recruitment tasks as needed.
Required Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field; Minimum of 8-10 years of progressive human resource experience; Labor relations experience in a union environment is required; ability to build relationships and influence others; and strong analytical, critical thinking, creative problem solving, judgment, and negotiation skills.
You must successfully complete a selection process that may include, but is not limited to, interviews, aptitude tests, criminal background investigation, references verification and pre-employment drug-screening.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to gender, race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal law.
Domtar is an equal opportunity employer. We are also committed to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
Applicant must have the legal right to work in the United States. The company does not offer work visa sponsorship for this role.