Converting Operator (Manufacturing Tech)
Job Title: Manufacturing Tech (Converting )
Reports to: Platform Manager
The Operator is responsible for assisting the Lead Operator with all aspects of operating the line and maintaining processes within prescribed specifications and safety, quality, efficiency and waste standards. In addition the Operator is responsible for assisting the Lead Operatorin providing leadership and training to employees in the Operator classification to all them to perform their roles to the best of their ability.
Principle Accountabilities/Key Duties:
- Personally adhere to and monitor compliance with all safety procedures, policies, and maintain good housekeeping standards of team members.
- Set up and load raw materials properly and efficiently.
- Perform routine process clean up to optimize quality waste and run time.
- Assist with change overs and preventive maintenance.
- Observe the line to ensure that it is functioning properly.
- Identify and communicate problems or potential problems immediately.
- Participate in troubleshooting activities and obtain assistance when necessary.
- Positively and constructively interact with line team and other team members.
- Share responsibility for overall product quality on the line and for meeting quality goals.
- Responsible for assisting other team members in maintaining the machinery; process clean up and routine maintenance.
- Ensure daily paperwork is submitted accurately and on time.
- Positively enforce and support company policies, procedures, and work practices.
- Provide training to other team members.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent GED from an accredited department of education
- Must be able to meet all training requirements as outlined in the Skills Matrix and Job Classification Training Plan.
- Work effectively with teams and individuals
- Flexibility to work on any shift or line.
- Post high school education and/or technical training.
- Have prior experience working on multiple platforms.
- Previous experience in a high speed manufacturing environment and/or on the job training.
- Ability to understand detailed instructions.
- Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds on a periodic basis.
- Must have full upper body mobility.
- Must have the ability to stoop and maneuver around equipment to perform housekeeping, change over, and maintenance duties.
- Good organizational skills.
- Ability to function effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work effectively in a diverse workforce.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize duties/projects and appropriately handle multiple job taskings.
- Basic computer skills.
1% - 25%
26% - 75%
Lift up to 40 lbs
Use hands to finger, handle, or touch
Reach above shoulders
Climb or balance
Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
Talk or listen
Use foot/feet to operate machine
Wear steel toes shoes/boots
Domtar is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, color, sex (including gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), marital status, religion, national origin, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.