Mechanical Reliability Technician
A Mechanical Technician installs, troubleshoots, maintains, repairs, and provides training on mechanical (including hydraulic) systems of industrial machinery and equipment to ensure they are maintained within safety, quality, efficiency, and waste standards. Primary focus is to minimize mechanical downtime on equipment and to ensure the appropriate preventative maintenance is completed to optimize equipment mechanical performance. This will be done through the use of mechanical manuals, diagrams and other specifications using hand tools, power tools, computers, and mechanical test equipment.
Principle Accountabilities/Key Duties:
- Review mechanical reliability on a continual basis and identify improvement opportunities.
- Personally adhere to and enforce all safety procedures and policies, to include but not limited to hot work, confined space, and lockout/tag out.
- Troubleshoot immediate mechanical issues across multiple lines and support equipment.
- Perform repairs of mechanical equipment and preventive maintenance on said mechanical equipment.
- Perform daily mechanical audits.
- Document all changes to single lines per documentation control standards.
- Provide design input for mechanical equipment upgrades and project support as needed.
- Participate in and assist with maintenance days, changeovers, preventive maintenance, and troubleshooting of assigned platforms.
- Rebuild and/or conduct bench repair of small mechanical components and maintain parts inventory.
- Provide technical assistance in problem solving on assigned platforms or in area of expertise.
- Provide training on request for operating teams such as technical skills, preventative maintenance and units of operation.
- Other duties as assigned
- AA degree, Technical Certification and/or equivalent experience
- Technical knowledge of basic mechanics – hand tools, shop equipment, drives, etc.
- Previous experience with lathes, drill presses and welding equipment.
- Must be able to successfully meet all training requirements as outlined in the skills matrix and job classification training plan.
- Ability to logically troubleshoot high speed converting equipment and read blueprints.
- Ability to work multiple shifts as needed. On-call responsibilities included as well.
- Work effectively with teams and individuals
- 3+ years in an industrial environment.
- 2+ years of hands-on mechanical maintenance experience.
- Experience with a wide-variety of mechanical concepts (ex: bearings, rollers, pumps, etc.).
- Experience in troubleshooting machine mechanical problems.
- Ability to understand detailed instructions.
- Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds on a periodic basis.
- Must have full upper body mobility.
- Must have the ability to stoop and maneuver around equipment to perform maintenance duties.
- Good organizational and time-management skills.
- Ability to function effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work effectively in a diverse workforce.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize duties/projects and appropriately handle multiple job tasks.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Basic computer skills.
Domtar is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, color, sex (including gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), marital status, religion, national origin, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.