Domtar makes products that people around the world rely on every day. We are driven to improve quality of life, how we do things is equally important as what we do and we are constantly looking for ways to be better. We design, manufacture, market and distribute a wide variety of pulp, paper and personal care products from copy paper to baby diapers.
At Domtar you can expect more than just a job. We offer opportunities on which you can truly build a career
Reporting to the Fiberline Manager, your role will be Shift Coordinator at the Kamloops mill. The successful candidate will be responsible for all supervisory duties of a crew in manufacturing pulp to achieve the department objectives in the areas of health and safety, environmental compliance, quality, production, cost and customer satisfaction.
More specifically, you will have the opportunity to:
- Assure safety awareness, safe work, safety training and compliance with safety procedures and policies in all work performed by the crew members;
- Conduct equipment and housekeeping inspections of the Fiberline and write work orders when deficiencies are observed;
- Provide leadership, supervision, training and coaching to production line employees;
- Communicate mill and department performance levels and standards to Operators;
- Recommend and initiates solutions for continuous improvement;
- Coordinate department production activities to meet Company and Department goals;
- Work with Maintenance to complete shutdowns and maintenance work, as safely and efficiently as possible;
- Maintain budgeted production requirements at planned quality with the lowest possible cost;
- Work with maintenance staff to determine ways to improve the reliability of equipment and systems;
- Coordinate production startups, shutdowns and changeovers;
- Be responsible for quality control, make adjustments as necessary during shift to produce product within specifications;
- You have a minimum of 3 years of experience in pulp operations;
- A bachelor’s degree in engineering or a related field is considered an asset;
- You demonstrate a high standard of self-performance and the ability to lead other;
- You are known for your strong analytical, trouble-shooting and decision making skills;
- You have an in depth knowledge of maintenance and production planning;
- You have an advanced knowledge of safety and pulping operations;
- You are recognized as a team player with a positive attitude that will continuously pursue strategies to ensure safety and quality and build rapport with the crews.
- You have strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral
The mill is located in Kamloops, British Columbia. Kamloops is BC's Friendliest City and Canada's Tournament Capital! Close to 95,000 people resides in this beautiful community that has a lifestyle like no other with 82 parks, over 200 lakes within an hour’s drive, close access to two ski hills and 13 diverse golf courses. The City is vibrant & growing fast, offers an extensive variety of services, businesses, leisure facilities and outdoor activities.
- Competitive compensation including an annual incentive plan;
- Flexible Insurance plans (medical, dental, life);
- Company-funded pension plan;
- Wellness program including health assessment and coaching
- Paid vacation/holidays;
- Employee Assistance Program;
- Employer-supported development and continuing education.
- The Mill is 15 minutes’ drive from downtown Kamloops