Domtar makes products that people around the world rely on every day.
We are driven to improve quality of life, how we do things is equally important as what we do and we are constantly looking for ways to be better. We design, manufacture, market and distribute a wide variety of pulp, paper and personal care products from copy paper to baby diapers. At Domtar you can expect more than just a job. We offer opportunities on which you can truly build a career
The Kamloops Pulp Mill is currently recruiting for an Industrial Millwright
As a member of our Kamloops Pulp operation, the successful candidate will gain exposure to a wide variety of work in our Kraft Pulp Mill. Your work will range from trouble shooting and repairs to general preventative maintenance of the plant. All positions will support the mills continuous improvement efforts through construction projects.
- You must possess an Interprovincial Journeyperson Ticket within your trade secured through a formal apprenticeship;
- Possessing dual ticket qualifications and industrial experience would be an asset.
- Vibration Analysis certification is considered an asset
- PM inspections (including repairs and adjustments)
- Condition Monitoring (including MAINTelligence and UE Ultrasound systems)
- Vibration Analysis (Initial trend/fault identification)
- Logging of PM records into MAINTelligence system
- Safe work environment
- Full range of employee benefits (group health insurance plan, dental, life and disability plans)
- Pension Plan
- Competitive wage package
- Wellness program including health assessment and coaching
- 15 minutes’ drive from downtown Kamloops
Domtar’s Kamloops Mill employs over 300 individuals and produces high quality Northern Bleached Softwood Kraft (NBSK) pulp and Unbleached Softwood Kraft (UBK) for a wide range of applications. The mill is located in Kamloops, British Columbia. Kamloops is BC's Friendliest City and Canada's Tournament Capital! Close to 95,000 people reside in this beautiful community that has a lifestyle like no other with 82 parks, over 200 lakes within an hour’s drive, close access to two ski hills and 13 diverse golf courses. The City is vibrant & growing fast, offers an extensive variety of services, businesses, leisure facilities and outdoor activities.
Thank you for applying at Domtar. Please note only selected candidates for an interview will be contacted. Domtar is an equal opportunity employer.