Ariva, a wholly owned and operated Domtar business, offers a spectrum of best-in-class solutions to help businesses communicate, collaborate and compete more effectively. Ariva builds on the rich heritage of the Domtar Distribution Group, Canada’s premier source for high quality paper, packaging and graphic supplies. But we’re much more than a paper distribution company.
Domtar is the largest integrated manufacturer and marketer of uncoated freesheet paper in North America and the second largest in the world based on production capacity. We believe sustainable operations are a crucial piece of our business strategy and another means of bettering our customer service and product offering. We play a major role in the communities in which our operations are located and are committed to being environmentally responsible. Ariva offers competitive compensation and benefits combined with several health and wellness programs.
Based out of our office located in Mississauga, we have an immediate full time opportunity available within the Finance department.
Credit Agent – Mississauga, ON
Reporting to the Credit Manager, the responsibilities of this position are to minimize credit risk and complete the collection of accounts in a timely fashion and while maintaining the DSO (days sales outstanding).
Duties of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Ensuring appropriate and established credit policies, procedures and discounts are followed with consistency and are respected
- Carrying out the collection of accounts due on a daily basis
- Minimizing credit risk and protecting accounts receivable by regular reviews of credit limits and enforcing terms of sales
- Adhering to and administering Domtar Credit Policy
- Opening new accounts, reviewing credit applications, and issuing credit lines within authorization levels
- Effectively manage an assigned portfolio (for +/- 400 accounts)
- Responding to different client and representative requests
- Reconciling and following-up with accounts
- Applying received payments to their accounts (checks, credit cards, electronic payments)
- Depositing payments at the end of the month
- Completing requests for credit reference checks
- Acting as back-up for all Cash Application
- This entails applying credit card, EFT and cheque payments as well as the corresponding balancing processes
- Diploma in Credit Management, Accounting or Administration
- Currently enrolled in or have completed the CCP designation is an asset
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in credit analysis and collections
- Knowledge in Outlook, Excel and SAP
While we appreciate all the responses we receive, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Domtar Inc. subscribes to an equal employment opportunity program and invites women, visible minorities, aboriginals and disabled persons to submit an application. Accommodation is available on request from candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Domtar is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, color, sex (including gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), marital status, religion, national origin, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.