Manager, Purchasing I
Domtar Paper Company, LLC is a Fortune 1000 company that manufactures uncoated freesheet paper, market and fluff pulp, and adult incontinence products. Johnsonburg Paper Mill manufactures different grades of paper including Husky, Lynx, and Xerocopy. Johnsonburg Mill, located in Johnsonburg, PA, has an opening for Purchasing Manager.
The purchasing manager provides purchasing leadership and support to the Johnsonburg Paper Mill. The purchasing manager complies with safety and corporate guidelines on business ethics and ensures site compliances with corporate contracts, initiatives and policies.
- Work in partnership with mill manufacturing, plant maintenance and/or staff groups to understand business drivers and align purchasing objectives with business goals.
- Act as the liaison and primary point of contact with Domtar’s Central Purchasing Group.
- Sets strategic priorities and goals as Unit Leader for Storeroom & Purchasing.
- Sourcing and negotiating price and service requirements.
- Manage purchasing processes and strategies. Manage and process site business transactions (i.e. day to day buying).
- Resolve procurement and storeroom issues.
- Maintaining, controlling, optimizing and reducing as necessary inventory levels.
- Function as the mill procurement subject matter expert.
- Capital and Major Maintenance Procurement experience.
- Demonstrates consistent personal safe work practices
- Actively involved in safety initiatives for storeroom and purchasing teams
- Holds people accountable for safe work practices
- Ability to work independently and effectively in a team environment
- Effective problem solving techniques
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to handle large work volume and multiple priorities
- Meets commitments
- Recognizes and initiates needed work without direction
- Cost conscious and business performance oriented
- Willing to cross boundaries to do the necessary work
- Takes on difficult or unpopular assignments
- Customer oriented (both internal and external)
- Associate’s Degree in Business, Finance, Engineering or Supply Chain Management.
- Five or more years’ experience in purchasing, forest product industry preferred
- Experience with SAP or other business enterprise software application
- Experience in negotiating, preparing and administering contracts and agreements.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Word
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Finance, Engineering or Supply Chain Management.
- Industrial maintenance knowledge/experience is a plus
- Certified Professional in Supply Management (CPSM) or Certified Purchasing Professional (CPP) or ability/willingness to get same preferred
- Experience with PI, CCP
- Experience with a unionized workforce
Critical Knowledge Areas:
- Knowledge of supply chain/materials management and procurement principles
- Knowledge of commercial terms and business law
- Knowledge of accounting functions that applies to purchasing, strong analytical skills
Critical Competencies for Success:
- Oral and written communication skills
- A well-defined sense of diplomacy, including solid negotiation, conflict resolution, and people management skills. Team oriented.
- Demonstrate strong organizational skills, and ability to prioritize tasks.
You must successfully complete a selection process that may include, but is not limited to, interviews, aptitude tests, criminal background investigation, references verification and pre-employment drug-screening.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to gender, race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal law.
Domtar is an equal opportunity employer. We are also committed to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
Applicant must have the legal right to work in the United States. The company does not offer work visa sponsorship for this role.