Sr Internal Auditor
Position title: Sr. Internal Auditor
Location: Fort Mill / Montreal
Reports to: Senior Manager, Internal Audit
Domtar is a leading provider of a wide variety of fiber-based products including communication, specialty and packaging papers, market pulp and absorbent hygiene products. With approximately 10,000 employees serving more than 50 countries around the world, Domtar is driven by a commitment to turn sustainable wood fiber into useful products that people rely on every day.
The mission of the Internal Audit Department is to provide world class, responsive service to Domtar’s stakeholders by delivering independent, objective assurance and consulting services designed to add value and improve the Company’s operations and systems of internal controls. The Internal Audit Department assists the Company with accomplishing its objectives by bringing a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, business processes, internal controls, and governance processes.
Domtar’s Internal Audit Department consists of approximately 20 employees and reports to the Senior Vice-President, Chief Legal and Administrative Officer and on a dotted line basis to the Audit Committee.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Internal Audit, you will be part of a dynamic and committed team and actively participate in the Department’s activities. These activities include performing operational, financial, compliance and strategic audits, Sarbanes-Oxley compliance testing, project assistance, management of special requests and investigations.
- Lead audit mandates and supervise a small team of professionals during mandates;
- Plan audit mandates and identify internal controls to mitigate risks identified during planning;
- Develop the audit work program by identifying and prioritizing risks associated with the respective process;
- Comprehend and document (flowcharts, narratives) business processes;
- Test the design and operating effectiveness of internal controls identified;
- Review work performed by engagement team and provide appropriate feedback ;
- Identify, prioritize and communicate, to business process owners, internal control deficiencies noted during testing and provide recommendations to remediate control deficiencies;
- Synthesize in writing through draft audit reports, the results and findings of the audits in a concise and accurate manner which includes relevant, actionable recommendations to improve processes, systems, and controls;
- Communicate progress and results of the audit to the business process owners and Department Management throughout the audit;
- Perform ad hoc management and Department requests.
- You are a team player, well known for your organizational skills and able to represent the company on a professional level
- You are client-oriented and demonstrate business acumen;
- You can organize, plan and work to meet established deadlines with minimum assistance;
- You have the ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously;
- You have solid communication skills and presentation skills;
- You have strong analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills;
- You have the ability to exercise judgment and tact in dealing with others;
- You have the ability to lead a small team of professionals.
- You hold a Bachelor's degree in Commerce, Major in Accounting or in a related field;
- A CPA designation is required. A designation or certification of CIA, CISA and/or CFE would be considered an asset;
- You have a minimum of five (5) years of relevant experience;
- You have a comprehensive understanding of risks, internal controls and financial statement assertions;
- You have a good understanding of Sarbanes-Oxley legislative requirements;
- You have a strong knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel; knowledge of SAP, Oracle and/or ACL tool would be an asset;
- You possess very strong oral and written communications skills in English and, at a minimum, a functional level of written and spoken French.
This position requires regular travel (20-25% of the time) primarily within the United States, Canada and Europe on occasion.
You must successfully complete a selection process that includes interviews, aptitude tests (for some positions) and reference verification.
Domtar is an equal opportunity employer. We invite women, Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to apply.
Domtar is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, color, sex (including gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), marital status, religion, national origin, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.