Sales Development Representative
Ariva, a wholly owned and operated Domtar business, offers a spectrum of best-in-class solutions to help businesses communicate, collaborate and compete more effectively. Ariva builds on the rich heritage of the Domtar Distribution Group, Canada’s premier source for high quality paper, packaging and graphic supplies. But we’re much more than a paper distribution company.
Domtar is the largest integrated manufacturer and marketer of uncoated freesheet paper in North America and the second largest in the world based on production capacity. We believe sustainable operations are a crucial piece of our business strategy and another means of bettering our customer service and product offering. We play a major role in the communities in which our operations are located and are committed to being environmentally responsible. Ariva offers competitive compensation and benefits combined with several health and wellness programs.
Sales Development Representative
Reporting directly to the Sales Manager, the purpose of this position is to establish, develop and maintain business relationships with current and prospective customers in their assigned territory to maintain existing business and generate incremental growth by prospecting through the use of telephone calls, e-mails, social media, Internet and mailing items.
Are you someone who has a strong sense of urgency, is assertive, enjoys the challenge of opening up new territories and closing new accounts, works exceptionally well under pressure, welcomes a healthy sense of competition, is a good communicator, friendly, sociable and out-going? This opportunity may be just what you are looking for. Ariva encourages the development and advancement of our employees.
Duties of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Playing a key role in the management of our core paper product strategic objectives as well as in the evolution of our digital and our packaging and janitorial supplies strategy by working closely with key suppliers and internal resources to position Ariva as a distribution leader
- Achieving or exceeding sales and profit targets using professional selling skills while adhering to Domtar core values
- Researching sources for developing prospective customers and for information to determine their potential value to the organization
- Growing existing territory by opening new and/or developing dormant accounts by leveraging our full product offering differentiating Ariva from its competitors
- Developing and managing an action plan for existing and potential customers highlighting their profile, any value-added opportunities, monitoring results, and making changes as needed
- Preparing and submitting activity and results reports, such as daily call reports, weekly work plans, and monthly and annual territory analysis. Preparing written reports on customer needs, issues, interests, competitive activities and potential for new products and services
- Analyzing the current product offerings and value-added products potential for existing and prospective customers within their territory and determining the value to the organization
- Resolving customer complaints by investigating problems, developing solutions, preparing reports and making recommendations
The Successful Incumbent will have:
- College or university graduate (business program preferred)
- Minimum 2-3 years of customer service/sales experience is required and an overall drive for success is essential
- Customer care focus is vital
- Demonstrated strong business acumen and sales profile/aptitude with the ability to meet tight deadline
- You thrive on taking the initiative, are flexible and enjoy finding solutions
- You have the ability to work effectively in a constantly changing environment
- Team player who can interact with other peers and support them within our company
- Competencies/skills including effective communication, conflict resolution, negotiation, time management, problem solving and organization
- Versed experience in MS Office applications
While we appreciate all the responses we receive, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Domtar Inc. subscribes to an equal employment opportunity program and invites women, visible minorities, aboriginals and disabled persons to submit an application.
We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodation is available on request from candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Domtar is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, color, sex (including gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), marital status, religion, national origin, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.