Domtar Inc., Dryden Operations, is currently seeking an individual to become part of our multi skilled maintenance teams while contributing to our ongoing success. A progressive community set between Winnipeg and Thunder Bay, Dryden offers excellent medical, educational and recreational facilities.
As an ideal candidate you have:
- A valid Red Seal Instrumentation and Control Technician certificate
- A positive work attitude and a keen sense of responsibility, particularly with respect to safety and environmental policies and procedures.
- Effective communication skills both verbal and written.
- Solid computer skills and experience with electronic work orders.
- Experience in the Pulp and Paper industry will be considered an asset.
Reporting to the Electrical/Instrumentation Maintenance Supervisor, your responsibilities include:
- Install, maintain, calibrate, and repair process and DCS hardware and software.
- Perform tests and maintenance procedures for instruments used for measuring and controlling flow, level, pressure, temperature, chemical composition and other variables in manufacturing and processing.
- Calibrate components and instruments according to manufacturers' specifications.
- Perform scheduled preventive maintenance work and complete test and maintenance reports.
- Install control and measurement instruments on existing and new plant equipment and processes.
- Consult with and advise process operators.
If you are interested in an opportunity to work with an organization that is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers a full range of employee benefits and a competitive wage package, consider joining our Team. Please apply online and attach your cover letter, resume, and copy of certification, in confidence.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Accommodations for applicants with disabilities are available upon request.