Mill Stores Supervisor
Domtar Inc., Specialty Papers Division, Espanola Operations is currently seeking a Mill Stores Supervisor to join our team.
As an integrated mill, Espanola operates two pulp machines for making specialty hardwood and softwood pulps, and two paper machines that produce more than 300 different types of paper. The Espanola mill's competitive difference is people and technology. Espanola ranks among the most innovative mills in North America. The Espanola Mill is ISO 9001 certified. Our FSC (Forest Stewardship Council) chain of custody certification, along with ISO 14001, also places us in the North American forefront.
- This position reports to the Purchasing Manager.
- This role directs and supervises all employees and functions of the Mill Stores Department.
- Daily supervisory functions such as; direct, communicate with and train employees, as well as monitor employee performance.
- Ensure schedules are organized, monitored and fulfilled.
- Prepare and/or submit reports as required.
- Ensure adherence on all aspects of health and safety - includes reporting and training.
- Ensure that all Company policies and rules as well as Government regulations are followed.
- Work in conjunction with all Mill Departments in support of Mill operation/runability.
- Negotiate and procure goods and services when required in an efficient and cost effective manner in support of the Mill.
- Expedite requests/shipments when necessary.
- Regularly monitor inventory levels (reduce, maintain or replenish) and shipments (delivery time, trace and follow up on undelivered goods).
- Research and evaluate new and existing suppliers and/or products to achieve the best pricing and cost savings.
- Regularly participate on a rotating on-call schedule.
- 3 to 5 years supervisory experience in industrial buying, warehousing and inventory management.
- Member of PMAC, or working toward designation.
- A diploma/degree in a Business or related field.
- Advanced experience, knowledge and understanding of safe work practices.
- Ability to make sound decisions, and resolve issues efficiently and effectively.
- Strong organizational, time management and planning skills.
- Must have excellent analytical, critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills and ability to collaborate and communicate effectively with various departments and individuals (internal and external).
- Ability to lead and work with a team as well as work independently.
- Strong working knowledge of computer programs and systems including experience with SAP and CMMS systems.
- Applicant must successfully complete a selection process that includes panel interviews, testing, background check and health assessment.
- Domtar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- We would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.