Electrical/Process Control Engineer
Position Summary: Provides electrical engineering primarily for process control and electrical designs, technical support for projects and support to Mill operating units. Manages capital and expense projects.
- Provides Mill-wide DCS support including configurations, programming, and process control upgrades for new installations or expansions. Works with Operating Units to develop Operator interfaces (graphics, screens, set points, related).
- Provide mill-wide support for PLC controls and HMI (Rockwell Automation).
- Develops or oversees development of control system strategies, instrumentation. hardware selections, and electrical power systems including designs, drawings and specifications.
- Investigates, troubleshoots and provides engineering solutions for repeat process control and electrical system problems and failures. Oversees corrective measures.
- Coordinates and oversees process control and electrical installations and modifications to achieve project performance objectives and cost, schedule and safety requirements.
- Procures process control and electrical equipment for projects.
- Provides designs for P&ID development, loop diagrams, elementary diagrams, instrument specifications, communications systems, I/O allocations, process control cost estimates and construction documentation.
- Provides Mill-wide electrical engineering support for AC/DC electrical equipment including power generation, electrical distribution, drives, breakers, transformers, PLC controls and related.
- Provides designs for expansion or upgrade of plant power distribution systems including substations, transformers, MCCs, electrical main feed and distribution lines and related.
- Oversee and direct high-voltage cable testing, infrared scanning of electrical equipment and control troubleshooting.
- Manages and Coordinates Outside Contractors (sub-contractors) and vendors. Serves as the company rep for same.
- Performs SAP roles mapped and delegated to the Electrical/Process Control Engineer.
- Develop project scope, cost estimates, and prepare Appropriation Requests.
- Fulfills safety roles and responsibilities
- Actively involved in safety initiatives
- Demonstrates consistent personal safe work practices
- Holds people accountable for safe work practices
- Meets commitments
- Achieves results/successes aligned with mill goals
- Recognizes and initiates needed work without direction
- Resolves conflicts
- Builds positive relationships
- Works well across organizational boundaries
- Builds commitment
- Focuses on vital few business priorities
- Leads by example
- Respected by co-workers
- Takes on difficult or unpopular assignments
- Willing to cross boundaries to do the necessary work
- Effectively uses time and resources to achieve results
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical or related engineering field.
- 3-5 years minimum in progressively responsible industrial experience in electrical power/utilities, instrumentation and distributed control system (DCS) applications engineering.
- Strong knowledge of electrical/instrumentation/process control engineering with experience in project design and implementation practices.
- Strong written and oral communication skills to effectively communicate project and technical activities across all levels of the company.
- Familiar with National Electrical and Wisconsin Codes, OSHA requirements, NFPA70E, energy conservation as related to power factors, motor loads, motor efficiencies, motor types and motor applications.
Domtar is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, color, sex (including gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), marital status, religion, national origin, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.