We are looking to hire a full-time Millwright Journeyperson to join the Maintenance team.
Domtar Kamloops has a world-class maintenance team that uses condition monitoring to assess the reliability of equipment. The successful candidate’s work will range from planned work order execution to troubleshooting and repairs. The work will entail precision installation documentation on direct and belt drive installation that will require analysis of the health of the equipment before and after repairs are made.
- You must possess a B.C. or Interprovincial Journeyperson Ticket within the trade secured through a formal apprenticeship;
- You have several years of experience;
- You have a high standard of personal and team safety that will match our exceptional safety culture;
- You are a highly motivated self-starter with a positive attitude;
- You like to solve problems, have a willingness to learn, and believe in the success of the team;
- Possessing dual ticket qualifications and industrial experience is considered an asset.
The mill is located in Kamloops, British Columbia. Kamloops is BC's Friendliest City and Canada's Tournament Capital! Close to 95,000 people reside in this beautiful community that has a lifestyle like no other with 82 parks, over 200 lakes within an hour’s drive, close access to two ski hills and 13 diverse golf courses. The City is vibrant & growing fast, offers an extensive variety of services, businesses, leisure facilities and outdoor activities. We offer:
- Safe work environment
- Competitive compensation;
- Health Insurance Plans (medical, dental, life);
- Pension Plan;
- Paid vacation/holidays;
- Employee Assistance Program;
- Employer-supported development and continuing education.
Domtar is an equal opportunity employer. We invite women, Indigenous peoples, and members of visible minorities to apply.
Thank you for applying. Please note only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.