Domtar is a leading provider of a wide variety of fiber-based products including communication, specialty and packaging papers, market pulp and air laid nonwovens. Domtar’s annual sales are approximately $3.7 billion, and its common stock is traded on the New York and Toronto Stock Exchanges.
With approximately 6,600 employees serving more than 50 countries around the world, Domtar is driven by a commitment to turn sustainable wood fiber into useful products that people rely on every day. Through our values of agility, caring and innovation, we constantly find better ways to serve our customers, support our employees and strengthen our communities.
As an M365 Architect within the M365 & EUC Service Delivery Team, you are responsible for the architectural design and SME level support of the M365 application stack and collaboration program with the purpose of maximizing Domtar's efficiency and productivity by providing secure, business relevant, easily consumable, cost effective solutions.
While providing technical leadership and guidance to the M365 support team, your architectural and SME level knowledge will facilitate the continuous growth of the M365 solution, while providing final level support of our in-production solutions.
- M365 Architect is the technical lead for all M365 solutions, including but not limited to Exchange Online, Teams, SharePoint Online, Streams, Unified Endpoint Management and end-user group management.
- Responsible for the architectural integrity and alignment of all Shared Services projects and initiatives as it pertains to M365 solutions.
- Provide final level technical escalation support to all M365 solutions.
- Technical Lead on strategic critical projects/implementations and critical impacting service interruption resolution.
- Translate business requirements into an M365 solution architecture by ensuring that non-functional requirements are met and ensuring availability, resilience and security are considered.
- Strategic/Solution roadmap to ensure corporate alignment on standardized M365 solutions.
- Identify knowledge gaps within the M365 team and assist with skill building and development plans of IT resources as it pertains to M365.
- Participate in the communication and promotion of M365 strategic standardized solutions with stakeholders of different IT and Business groups.
- Responsible to stay informed and advise M365 team on technology trends, solution lifecycle and innovations, in order to design up-to-date solutions, & processes.
- Assist M365 team in development of solution best practices and governance ensuring the integrity and supportability of the M365 service.
- Receiving conflicting priorities from the different business units, requires creative solutioning that aligns to the M365 program and strategy.
- The individual will be called upon to provide solutions as well as process improvements with regards to his/her area of responsibility.
- Manage human resources and provide support to all employees.
- Ability to impact and influence decision-making across and at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to communicate and network with a variety of individuals as well as to structure information in a creative and flexible manner.
- Capacity to manage in critical circumstances ensuring to meet business requirements.
- Ability to handle stressful situations.
- Ability to produce documents and presentations.
- Great leadership. Great teamwork. A coaching attitude. Knowledge transfer abilities.
- Ability to recommend and take decisions. Practical business knowledge.
Leadership and Teamwork:
- Responsible to align the solution architecture to the Enterprise Architecture roadmap through the lifecycle of the development of the solution.
- Define and document the solutions architecture deliverables.
- Provide and implement support solutions in an effort to restore and maintain M365 solutions.
- Bachelor/College degree in Computer Sciences or equivalent.
- A minimum of 6 years of IT hands-on work-related experience including 3 years of Architecture solutioning experience and 5 years of technical lead experience.
- 6 years of Microsoft solution.
Domtar is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, color, sex (including gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), marital status, religion, national origin, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.