Quality Assistant Superintendent
Domtar Inc., Specialty Papers Division, Espanola Operations is currently seeking a Quality Assistant Superintendent to join our team.
As an integrated mill, Espanola operates two pulp machines for making specialty hardwood and softwood pulps, and two paper machines that produce more than 300 different types of paper. The Espanola mill's competitive difference is people and technology. Espanola ranks among the most innovative mills in North America. The Espanola Mill is ISO 9001 certified. Our FSC (Forest Stewardship Council) chain of custody certification, along with ISO 14001, also places us in the North American forefront.
Reporting to the Technical Services Superintendent, the incumbent is responsible and accountable to monitor paper mill and pulp mill quality and develop action plans/teams to address customer quality issues.
- Monitor quality related process conditions and identify key quality parameters affecting pulp and paper machine productivity, manufacturing costs and final product quality.
- Establish quality targets to meet internal control and quality performance related to pulp and paper.
- Support the resolution of key quality issues by working with the accountable manufacturing manager and by providing technical information to the organization.
- Work in conjunction with Domtar sales group to address quality customer concerns and to communicate quality parameters to end-use customers through the administration of the complaint handling systems.
- Raise quality awareness through training, communication and employee involvement.
- Support sales group, as required, with customer service visits.
- 5 – 10 years’ experience related to either pulp or paper making services, including quality and production management.
- Good understanding of papermaking processes and customer end uses/processes for paper and pulp products.
- Knowledge of quality management systems (ISO 9001, BRC, etc).
- Strong leadership and communications skills and the ability to work well in cross functional team environment.
- Strong trouble shooting, data analysis and problem solving capabilities.
- Strong ability to think critically and logically.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to collaborate effectively.
- Strong organizational, time management and planning skills to prioritize, schedule, and meet deadlines and guidelines
- Good computer skills and knowledge of MS Office software. Knowledge of SAP would be considered and asset
- Understanding of Ontario Health and Safety regulations, with advanced experience, knowledge and understanding of safe work practices
- Applicant must successfully complete a selection process that includes panel interviews, aptitude testing, background check, health assessment and drug and alcohol testing.
- Domtar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- We would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.