Manager, U.S. Health & Welfare Benefits
Job Title: Manager, U.S. Health & Welfare Benefits
Location: Fort Mill, SC
Reporting to the Senior Director, Executive Compensation and US Benefits, candidate will lead a small team for the administration of Health & Welfare Benefits programs for US-based employees. Oversee and manage vendor relationships for the successful completion of open enrollment, resolving escalated benefits issues, contract renewals, and verifications. Plan administrator for all employee benefits programs such as medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability programs, FSA, HSA and voluntary benefits.
Key Responsibilities & Duties
- Manage employee health & welfare plans for a variety of employee groups (salaried, hourly and collectively bargained) using various vendors for selected plans
- Serve as the primary contact and resource for plan vendors, track vendor performance, ensure cost effective and high-quality service for plan participants
- Leads the research, analysis, revision, design and implementation of employee benefit programs and recommends changes and/or new benefit programs
- Implement approved new plans and changes by preparing announcement material, booklets, and other media for communicating new plans/changes to employees
- Conducts employee benefit seminars for HR Business partners and employees
- Advises and counsels management and employees on existing benefits
- Position requires a high degree of technical proficiency in utilizing third party platforms, maintaining accurate data, and strong attention to detail, as well as, ability to meet established deadlines.
- Position requires a high degree of customer service and follow up with all parties involved.
- Manage Open Enrollment process including obtaining competitive bids, comparing existing coverage and benefit levels and working through the logistics for annual renewals. Manages the updating of benefit plans, rates and other changes.
- Excellent communication, organizational skills as well as the ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast paced environment.
- Position requires demonstrated leadership experience.
- Bachelor's Degree in HR, Administration, or actuarial studies
- Minimum of 10 years of benefits administration experience
- Expert knowledge of benefits administration, preferably with a multi-facility manufacturing company
- CEBS and/or CBP designation(s)
- Benefits experience within a global organization
Domtar is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, color, sex (including gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), marital status, religion, national origin, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.