The Storeroom Manager will report directly to the Mill Controller/Purchasing Manager and be responsible for the functional leadership of the Storeroom, including inventory management, sourcing of materials and standardization of processes. The person in this role will need to have the ability to drive change and work collaboratively with key internal stakeholders as well as key suppliers.
- Overall ownership and management of day-to-day efficient Storeroom operations, managing and provide work direction to Storeroom staff
- Partner with suppliers to establish and mange Vendor Managed Inventory (VMI) Programs
- Insure accurate inventory through implementation of procedures for stocking level reviews, inventory counts, receiving, consumption, repair and obsolescence
- Optimization of processes that provide services to plant operations and maintenance
- Measure and Track improvement efforts and support the attainment of maintenance and operational goals
- Identify and execute opportunities for competitively sourcing materials
- Responsible for proper storage of parts and coordinating any special testing requirements at receipt of goods.
- Participate on cross-functional teams to improve processes, systems, inventory management
- Strong understanding of procurement and inventory management best practices and controls
- Change agent with the ability to collaborate well with others
- Proven success in leading projects from inception to implementation
- Strong analytical skills and timely decision making ability
- Ability to effectively communicate across all levels of the organization including listening, writing and presenting
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize work along with strong time management and organization skills
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5-7 years of experience in a purchasing or inventory management function, preferably in a manufacturing environment
- CPSM Certification (Certified Professional in Supply Management) or CPIM (Certified in Production & Inventory Management) preferred.
- Supervisory experience in a union environment
- Previous experience with purchasing and inventory management modules in an ERP system