Responsive Web Designer
DX1 is currently looking for a Responsive Web Designer on our DX1 Website Team. Do you have a passion for motorcycles, sport bikes, or riding ATV’s? Do you happen to ALSO love web design and development? We are looking for a Responsive Web Designer to join our team in Norfolk, VA and join in on our efforts in providing the Powersports marketplace with some new, innovative, cutting edge responsive designs while keeping focus on the needs of our dealership customer base and providing the highest level of customer service. This position requires attention to detail, a keen eye for clean UI implementation, website coding involving HTML and CSS, customer service experience, and a high level understanding of visual communication and Responsive Web Design.
Collaborate - Research – Create– Develop – Support
- Create/design mocks for customers based on direct input from client and your own creativity that will meet their online business needs.
- Develop those sites responsively with a mobile-first mentality, post client approval.
- Adhere to Quality Assurance and Design Standards and conduct personal QA checks on all work.
- Bring a unique value to the team, fresh perspective, and continue to push the envelope assisting in us providing something innovative and functional with each and every design.
- Develop a long term relationship with your customers by maintaining ownership of all post-live revisions/changes to the websites you develop.
- Effectively handle inbound support tickets from customers and answering inquiries by clarifying desired information, researching, locating and providing information.
- Help customer by providing answers to questions about the DX1 Marketing Solution.
- Share information with other team members on how problems or issues were resolved.
- Maintain constructive relationships with customers and bring to the attention of the management team any recurrent issues/inquiries.
- Troubleshoot and resolve HTML, CSS, and design issues.
- Design and develop additional website design templates that can be used as the foundation for new website creation going forward.
- Create custom graphics and logos for usage on dealership websites and other online marketing collateral.
- 2+ years web design experience (responsive design experience a must).
- 1+ years Customer Service/Support Experience a plus.
- 1+ years graphics development experience.
- Exceptional time management skills.
- Fundamental comprehension of CMS backend tools.
- Ability to troubleshoot in-depth technical issues.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to multi-task and adapt in a fast paced work environment.
- Must be a team player; be highly motivated, self-starting, and committed to achieving results.
- Strong documentation skills with a high focus on detail.
- Highly detail-oriented in aspects of day to day tasks.
- Understanding of responsive web design and development targeted at mobile devices.
- UI/UX – Bootstrap3 – CSS – HTML – Adobe CC – CMS – SEO : basic-mid level understanding/experience required.
- MS Visual Studio – TFS – DNN – LESS – JS – JQuery : basic level understanding/experience a plus!
- Associates Degree or Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic and/or Web Design and/or Web Development.
- Basic dealership operations or industry specific experience a plus but not required.
- A portfolio showcasing abilities across user experience, user interface, graphic design, and web design. An online portfolio of work demonstrating knowledge base with links to responsive websites.