Senior Accountant Responsibilities and Expectations
Below is a description of the responsibilities and expectations of a Senior Accountant position within the Recreational Dealer Solutions Finance team. As a team, the Vice President of Finance and staff are responsible for all general ledger related functions for the division, annual budgeting, monthly forecasting, oversight of internal controls and business processes, and supporting/meeting the business needs as requested.
Position Responsibilities including but not limited to the following:
- Manage month-end close process, including preparing and entering journal entries as necessary.
- Prepare monthly financial reports as required by Corporate Accounting.
- Prepare or review monthly vendor trend reports and analysis, monthly financial reports, monthly revenue and expense analyses, and month-end reconciliations to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Work closely with the Director of Sales to calculate and review sales commissions.
- Communicate regularly with colleagues and managers to resolve issues, answer questions and provide reporting as necessary.
- Develop a robust understanding of product offerings and unit economics; work with department leaders to maximize profits.
- Assist with budgeting and projection reporting processes, including coordination of budget inputs from various departments, preparation of reports, and review of projections with VP of Finance.
- Ensure GAAP compliance for all financial transactions.
- Enforce, document and maintain the division’s internal controls, and provide support for the annual external audit.
- Work closely with the Financial Operations & Business Systems Manager to provide accurate financial data and KPI reporting.
- Complete and document billing to production audits to ensure proper billing and service to customers.
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree in accounting
- CPA or CPA eligible
- Solid knowledge of GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles)
- Strong financial analysis/analytical skills
- Experience in financial reporting, internal controls review and reconciliation preparation
- Strong communication and problem solving skills
- Experience drafting financial analyses to senior management
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office with proficiency in Excel to manipulate large data files (pivot tables, v-lookup, graphs, etc)
- Experience working with Salesforce applications and J.D. Edwards' general ledger a plus
Dominion Enterprises is a privately held digital marketing, data services, and software services conglomerate offering client solutions through specific business units in several verticals including automotive, hospitality, franchise, real estate, advertising, and powersports. Our customers rely on our B2B products and services through Data One Software, DMS Vue, Activator, Dealer Specialties, Cross Sell, Alliant, DX1, Travel Media Group and Franchise Ventures business units. Headquartered in Norfolk, Virginia, approximately 1,000 employees work nationwide. We are proud of the collaborative, innovative, team-oriented work environments, excellent career enrichment opportunities, community service opportunities, competitive earnings, and comprehensive benefits package which includes a generous 401(k) plan.Â DE is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse workforce. DE is a drug-testing employer.