Homes.com is looking for a Data Engineer to join our Data Analytics team to deliver data driven products and provide customer insights for our premier internet real estate portal. The Data Engineer will be proficient in big data technologies and the distribution of data into multiple systems. In addition to very strong technical skills, this position will have superb business process analysis and interpersonal skills.
- Develop big data pipelines for distribution of data for live streaming, batch processing, and data lake storage.
- Use best practices for unit testing, CI/CD, performance testing, capacity planning, documentation, monitoring, alerting, and incident response.
- Work closely with product, development, and data science teams to make data usable to derive insights for analysis and decision making.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or closely related field
- 2+ years experience developing business objectives via technological processes
- Proficient in Python programming language
- Experience with big data technologies such as Apache Spark and Hadoop
- 2+ years experience with distributed messaging system like Kafka
- Familiarity with other big data technologies such as Apache Spark and Hadoop
- Experience tagging web events
- Experience with source code management tools like Git or Stash
- Experience with Azure cloud services
Homes.com is a part of Homes Media Solutions, which is a division of Dominion Enterprises, and a leading provider of real estate advertising solutions. For over 15 years we have offered many products that facilitate brand advertising, listing exposure and lead generation to agents, brokers, and builders.